Submit

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:14 pm
My mom is cool with it, under the premises I have some color in my wardrobe that isnt red, no black magick (which I dont do anyways) and no ouija boards in the house... she's really supportive of me smile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:17 pm
I remember when my mother used to say "OK, that's it, no more black clothes for you." She gave up after a couple years. She was so happy when I got into steampunk and started wearing, er, those colours as well.

She was mostly awesome about me being goth though, she let me wear bright red lipstick, thick eyeliner, and fishnet stockings in middle school. I think she knew that if she tried to oppress my expression I would just want to rebel.

I do remember trying to piss her off by listening to terrible screamo music and Marilyn Manson, which she hated. XD  

Maggoty Anne

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:18 pm
My family tells me that I look like a cheap whore...
I wasn't aware that knee length skirt with stocking was whorish. hehe oh well.
And my brother ties to pretend that he knows what I'm listening to, he called Blutengel, Darude. ._.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:35 pm
Muted Faith9
I was just wondering how peoples parents reacted to their children being gothic. I mean, most parents don't like the music, the stereotypes that go with being gothic, and my parents even hate the clothing. My parents really don't know about me being gothic as they are so much against it that if they found out I would probably be disowned. So how did your parents react? Or do they even really know?

Same here. I stick with the "inner goth" and darker colors.  

Official Gothic Chick

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:07 am
My Mom: Is perfectly fine with it. Helps me pick out clothes at times, makes suggestions, gently explains "goth" to people who have issues with it, takes me to concerts, etc. The one thing she doesn't like is people having a pre-concieved idea of me, and it sometimes her when people stare at me.
My Dad: Thinks it's all just a phase, but he doesn't say that. I know he does. XD Also thinks that I've merely convinced myself that I enjoy the music because I think it'll make me "cool". Thinks that the whole subculture is kinda pathetic. But, at the same time, lets me wear whatever clothes I want, and even helps me buy some of them, and the makeup too.

So, all in all, I'm a lot luckier when it comes to parents than a lot of the people I know. smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:59 am
Haha, I'm the reverse of Mydnyte. My mom thinks it's a phase and ignores it, and my dad is totally supportive and helps me with lots of stuff [except for the part about concerts- not allowed until I'm sixteen.]  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

Just_Like_Sakura-chan

Shameless Ladykiller

7,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:40 pm
my parents really have no idea. and because of the fact that m,y wardrobe no consits of red black and white, instead of the simple black, i dont think they get it. must be why the annoying lechers about to much black stopped. but they really dont get me. XD 3 more years and im out of this hell hole  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:24 am
I'm 25. I've been dressing Gothically since I was 13. My parents both love it biggrin They're young parents (my mum is 47, my dad is 50) and my dad was a punk when he was a teenager, so I always grew up with punk and 70s rock (Led Zeppelin, The Clash etc etc).

They like the fact that I'm not some chavvy little thing and that I am comfortable with what I wear. My mum has only said once that I couldn't wear something out (looking back - I totally agree!) She always buys me little gothy bits and pieces (long stripy socks and stuff)

I heart my rents!  

Foxglow

veil of stars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:19 pm
I would say one of the reasons I'm interested in goth is because of my parents. I wouldn't be into the music (post-punk and gothic rock) if it weren't for them. My mum loves horror, so I sort of grew up watching scary movies (usually by accident) and I always knew who Stephen King and Anne Rice were. My mum says she used to dress similarly to the way I do when she was young. So yeah, my parents are completely supportive.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:41 am
Give me time, I will be clear...

My parents just ignore me. But my dad, he thinks my only favorite color is black, so whenever he's on a trip, he "HAS" to get e a black shirt. xD Purple is my favorite color.

He does not care, but he's proud of me for finding "me", and not being a person who listens to rap and hop hop. I like all the music he likes.

Given time, you'll understand...  

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:47 pm
Kisax127
But my dad, he thinks my only favorite color is black, so whenever he's on a trip, he "HAS" to get e a black shirt.

Aww, that's nice that he tries though. My dad's similar to that - he gets me little rock'n'roll things, or stuff with skulls on it, which always makes me happy. Even though he thinks it's a phase, he actually does want me to be happy, so he does what he can...as long as it isn't too over the top. lol  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff