No
  Who's that..?
View Results

Kalathandra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:30 am
I've read only the first 2 sweatdrop
I haven't had time to read the others crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:15 am
Artemis is my favourite villian ever! True he's only the villian in book one, but it counts. Actually, for all of the wonderful boys in fantasy books out there, Remus Lupin and Artemis are the only ones that I refuse to share. As far as Arty is concerned, I don't have to! In book 5 he fancies a girl named Minerva with curly blonde hair and glasses that can speak French. That totally describes me! biggrin Anyway, I love Colfer's writing style; it makes me laugh out loud. His humour reminds me quite a lot of Lemony Snicket.  

MinervaEvenstar

murphyad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:43 pm
they are fun and light and more for the age group it's toted for than any harry potter book they are fun and smart there is a depth there that makes it appeal to older people  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:49 am
Ohmygosh, I've been waiting for someone to make a topic about this! Eoin Colfer was, like... my childhood! I was at Borders the other day and I saw he'd come out with another book called Airman, and I got so excited... I haven't read any of his stuff in so long! Thumbing through it brought back so many memories. His writing style is just so... I d'know. Genuinely funny, really. Dry, sarcastic, and witty... I just love it.

Oh, and this is random, but has anyone else seen that they've started making little comics for the Artemis Fowl series? I picked the first one up about a month ago to see what it was like; it was pretty interesting. I mean, I wouldn't keep buying them past that, but it was cool to see how the artist saw the characters, you know?

And DOUBLE oh! In response to Iced_Ink, I love that thing. I like how Butler's a closet romantic, and every time that Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For song comes on the radio I think of Arty, now. 3nodding  

MyLadyMandy

danniqi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:49 pm
I love the Artemis books -- I have for quite sometime and the last one was a real treat b/c I hadn't even known it was coming out...So I'm just walking through the store one day and out of the corner of my eye (it was even on the bottom shelf) I see "ARTEMIS FOWL"

I literally jumped.

^_^

I was so excited, my fiance pretty much just rolled his eyes at me and walked away ~ loser. ahhaha

(I'm 22 -- I love young adult fantasy -- It's just so much fun to read ... actually I read all fantasy, but young adult is still greatest^_^)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:12 pm
Actually, same exact thing happened to me, with the Lost Colony. I went, "ZOMG"!!!

Oh well... good series, Artemis in the first book describes a much richer me back a few years ago.  

The Vorpal Tom

Kimeira

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:23 am
I was in a bookshop one day, looking for something to read. Not, mind you, with any actual hope of finding anything, because our bookshop sucks bigtime.
And I see this book with a shiny golden cover twinkling at me. So I pick it up, and it turns out to be Artemis Fowl. I read it, I love it, I pass it on to all my small siblings, they love it...

And now my sister has FINALLY gotten a copy of the Lost Colony, and I read that, and I loved that too.

btw, what twins??? Please PM me if you don't want to post spoilers here, but it's bugging me now...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:32 am
I remember my dad had to buy the books for me because I refused to "waste money" on them. I regretted that later. They really are good.
I have almost all of them besides the Lost Colony  

Cherry It

Liberal Bloodsucker

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Zaahir

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:10 pm
I believe that he is the best fantasy book series I have read so far.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff