Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
De-stickying of the BritPol thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:07 pm
Lord Jagged
It would seem that this mong cannot structure sentences correctly.
danjel
Lord Jagged
I would just like to point out that there are no guilds that are all about you. There is a guild that has mentioned you, but not one with you fully in mind.

Sure there is. smile Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean it's there.

A slip like that isn't exactly cause for vexation...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:47 pm
Lord Jagged
danjel
Lord Jagged
I would just like to point out that there are no guilds that are all about you. There is a guild that has mentioned you, but not one with you fully in mind.

Sure there is. smile Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean it's there.
he he he he....  

Mr. Bono Vox

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:09 pm
whapcapn
Lord Jagged
danjel
Lord Jagged

Agreed. Criticising things like this just seems childish and will only serve to detract from your arguments.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:17 am
Fourcolour
whapcapn
Lord Jagged
danjel
Lord Jagged

Agreed. Criticising things like this just seems childish and will only serve to detract from your arguments.

I would like to point out now that it was Invictus that said I should post this.  

Lord Jagged

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:20 am
Lord Jagged
Fourcolour
whapcapn
Lord Jagged
danjel
Lord Jagged

I would like to point out now that it was Invictus that said I should post this.

I remain steadfast.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:22 pm
i think the point is it is more info on him and his behaviour.  

Mr. Bono Vox

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:48 pm
I Pm'd danjel. I removed the slander images (not the GATMOB images) from my signature. I think it is no time for petty squabbling.

Here is the PM I sent;

I
I think that today has shown just how petty this squabble has become. And, indeed, now is no time for the misunderstandings that exist between either party. The London blasts have come as a complete, tragic shock. I can now empathise with how many Americans felt on the 11th of September; despite being startled greatly at the time. It really has deeply disturbed me.

I would like to thank you for showing compassion in this time of our great pain, and the stickying of the Bomb blast thread coupled with the comment typed in ED:pol have increased my repect for you a great deal. I would like to thank you for your condolences.

As a sign of my thanks, I shall remove any images from my random signature that imply accusations of any kind. I shall keep the GATMOB images, as these are of a broader nature of behaviour that occurs throughout Gaia.

I believe it is time we stand firmly together rather than apart. Sorry to disturb you.

Nebelstern.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:41 am
It seems his tempory good will is finished.
From the London blast thread.

danjel
Don't edit the first post. Whenever you do, the thread unstickies itself.

Is guess hes back to his usual jolly self.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Vanilla Pod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:05 pm
ice_illusion
It seems his tempory good will is finished.
From the London blast thread.

danjel
Don't edit the first post. Whenever you do, the thread unstickies itself.

Is guess hes back to his usual jolly self.

...right. But isn't he just giving information which actually helps? neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:26 pm
I've read this whole thread on the subject of the Britpol thread and the resulting anger at the mod Danjel. As an outsider looking in, having not been here for some time, I feel inclined to agree with Nebelstern on this one: ithis issue seems to have spiraled out of control. Everyone seems to have lost their temper at some point and angered others.

I don't know whether the thread should have been destickied or anything like that, but calm discussion probably would have sorted out the situation at the start, rather than starting this 'war'. It may have been in jest guys, but it's a bit far isn't it, for a thread? Sure, I don't think we should allow ourselves to be bullied into submission, but I think this is all a misunderstanding.

We should all just calm down and start over. Talk to the mods about it, see what can be done about stickying a new thread in ED, if that's possible. Say that it would be more convenient if it could be stickied, etc. but saying that Britain is an important international power, things like that, probably won't help much. We're no more important than other countries, even if there's more of us on here. I suppose the best reason would be convenience, and the being swamped by American topics. Another might be that our politics does not vary as much as the Americans' does, per ce, since the laws of our counties, shires, boroughs, whatever, do not differ as much from place to place like they do in the American States (as far as I can tell).

Like I said before, we should calm down and start over before anything else happens.  

Tsamikayu

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:51 am
Have twice attempted to have the misunderstanding cleared up by reporting the events to L0cke, thus far no responce.

Daren't send a third PM lest I be warned for spamming.

I just what misunderstanding cleared-up and the black marks against my name removed.

I don't think I'm asking too much.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:40 pm
If only it were that simple. I sent that PM, received no reply. I have no idea how danjel took it. I think that whatever we do to ment the situation only results in something else happening to worsen it. As the quoted line above shows. So I have no idea. If danjel wants to carry this petty feud further and further then that's up to him. To be honest, I have given him a chance to make amends and if he ignores that then he deserves unrest about his name.  

Nebelstern
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:29 pm
I can now quite safely say..

"His name? What name?"

He will drop into unknownness.

lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:08 am
Invictus_88

"His name? What name?"

lol

And that's the end of that chapter. rolleyes  

Nebelstern
Crew

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:21 am
Invictus_88

"His name? What name?"

lol
MUWAHAHAHA! ninja xd  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games