Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Some sect of Paganism [open] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:00 pm
i really appreciate you bring these points up. like i said, it's things i need to wonder about and find the ins-and-outs of.

i had never really considered the possibility of calling her by the incorrect name; i'm really glad you brought that up. thinking about it, there are plenty of deities which fit the description i have given.

i will definately look into it (talk to her) and study the subject more. my (credible) resources are limited, but i feel i have not taken it to the limit yet. again, i'm glad you've brought this point up: it's important.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:23 am
It's my pleasure. And good on you for taking it as it's meant.

Now- the Summer Solstice.

Sobótki within my tradition is a holiday of contrast. Being tied to both fire and water- both tools of purification, large bondfires are built and the dew that falls is gathered up and bathed in (amongst other applications).

Bonfires are jumped, the ashes are used as charms and wards, and single women would make circlets, decorated with flowers and set them upon a slow moving river. The single men would dive in after them and snag the one that belonged to the girl he was interested in. Returning it to her and "talking" afterwards.

Ritual baths were common and there was a sense of "blessing" attributed to them.

This is also the night when the Fireflower blooms.

On a personal note, my husband and I selected this day to be married.  

TeaDidikai

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:45 am
actually, i've heard of many of these traditions. if i knew about my local pagan community, i'd definately at least attend the ceremonies (but alas, i am still young and without a driver's liscence).

out of curiosity, what is the significance of the fireflower? (other than, as the name implies, being tied to fire).

on a practical note: how do you gather the dew that falls on the ground?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:20 pm
kirio26
actually, i've heard of many of these traditions. if i knew about my local pagan community, i'd definately at least attend the ceremonies (but alas, i am still young and without a driver's liscence).

out of curiosity, what is the significance of the fireflower? (other than, as the name implies, being tied to fire).
It has all kinds of amazing abilities. Amongst which include the ability to grant wishes and prosperity, and some say to turn a person invisable.

Quote:
on a practical note: how do you gather the dew that falls on the ground?
Depends. Sometimes I take a large container and just run it at an angle along the grass. You can also use a cloth to mop it up and then wring it out.  

TeaDidikai

Haden Luna

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:16 pm
I'm also a bit curious as to how you would collect a significant amount of dew from the ground.

I live in a very humid environment so we're never short on dew.  
PathWays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff