Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Problems Meditating

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:19 pm
Recently i have been having a problem with my meditation everytime i go to meditate i get a really bad pain around my third eye i though at first it might just be tention in my face from closing my eyes to tightly or something but that cant be it because im compleatly relaxed and it only happens when im trying to meditate this is really distracting and a big problem if i cant meditate then i start to have alot of emotional build up and problems i was wondering if anyone knows what this might be caused by and how to rid myself of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:27 pm
"Doctor doctor! It hurts when I do this!"
"Don't do that."

Have you tried another kind of meditation?  

TeaDidikai

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:00 pm
im currently learning tai chi but i would still like to be able to do this form of meditation it much easier for me and takes less time as uis i dont get much time to myself.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:52 pm
Why not try a moving meditation, like Yoga? Yoga is really nice, especially if you have trouble concentrating. It might help with any pain too.

What does the pain feel like?  

VisasMarr

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:08 pm
it a mix of two thing it feels like there is something trying to push out and alot of tention like im squeezing my eyes shut really tightly but i have felt my face and its compleatly relaxed.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:15 pm
mouseyanna
it a mix of two thing it feels like there is something trying to push out and alot of tention like im squeezing my eyes shut really tightly but i have felt my face and its compleatly relaxed.

You know, sometimes that exact effect happens because you're crossing your eyes while they're closed. It happens a lot when you're concentrating hard on something. So quite possibly the harder you try the more it will hurt.

Otherwise, there are many different forms of meditation you could try.  

Pelta

honorofdarkn3ss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:45 pm
Try this:

Start at the top of your head, feel clean energy coursing down through the crown chakra, pure energy, cleansing as it goes, like falling summer rain. It should move of its own accord, gathering at dams in the way of its river, and then breaking them. Move down through your head, letting the energy take its time. Let it spread through your chest and arms all at once. If it gets spread thin then you're doing something wrong.

Continue it for the rest of your body, letting the energy take its own course but keeping the flow open at the crown chakra. That should be the most active part of this meditation. If you still have trouble with your third eye after this then I'd seek accupuncture or the like.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games