Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Hello all... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:42 am
godhi
On the "expert versus master" debate, I would like to mention that although I've studied magic, mysticism, and the occult for over thirty years and have practiced Norse galdhr and seidhr magic since 1987, I'm by no means a master of my craft. In fact, I consider myself a journeyman shaman at best and believe that anyone under the age of sixty who has not spent most of their adult life in the study of their craft and yet call themselves a "master" is either a fool, a charlatan, or both.

An adept, possibly.
At that age, definitely not.
However, I stand by my "she was using words she doesn't understand, she was ignorant in the extreme so of course she was a master" judgement.
For someone to run away so easily, from a mortal.....
This person claims to be able to traffic with dragons.....
Am I the only person seeing a reality paradox here?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:42 am
godhi
reagun ban
TeaDidikai

This may be bias as Emerald Dragon Reiki calls one who has their second attunement an Adept.

master >> expert
I am an expert programmer.
I am not a master

On the "expert versus master" debate, I would like to mention that although I've studied magic, mysticism, and the occult for over thirty years and have practiced Norse galdhr and seidhr magic since 1987, I'm by no means a master of my craft. In fact, I consider myself a journeyman shaman at best and believe that anyone under the age of sixty who has not spent most of their adult life in the study of their craft and yet call themselves a "master" is either a fool, a charlatan, or both.
I'm inclined to disagree with the application of years to talent and titles.

For example- sometimes titles such as Master and Adept are earned at different levels of proficiency.

Case in point mentioned above.
First attument in EDR is neophyte, Second attunement is Adept, Third is Master.

I became a Master of Emerald Dragon Reiki when I was very young. But then, it wouldn't be accurate to have withheld the title of Master after my third degree.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces