Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Soap slash] 'Cos anything's possible in soap land...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much of a soap fan are you?
  I never miss an episode of my fave
  I watch now and then - I'm not addicted or anything
  Soaps? Pah, they're not my thing
View Results

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:20 am
Okay, so here be a thread for the discussion of slash pairings/moments/etc in soaps. For example - Coronation Street, Home and Away, Doctors, 'Enders and, uh, whatever their American equivalents would be! Lol.

So any slashy pairings that you just loved? Any that should/should have been? Who is soapland's most slashable character?

Personally my fave soap is The Bill, I have scarcely missed an episode in the last, like, five years. (Yeah, I'm sad. I'm proud of it... Lol.) The best pairing ever in it was Craig/Luke - so angsty! I also stand by my belief that Zain and Lance had a thing; there was so something going on when Zain was undercover as Adi Mateen... wink

My other fave was Todd/Karl. Why they couldn't have got together after Sarah-Lou lost the baby I'll never know. (And will curse ITV on an intermittent basis for it)

Link

Click the link for a cute Todd/Karl scene! (Sorry for the poor quality. I downloaded and reuploaded this clip from here. You won't find anything graphic here, the show airs at like 7:30pm) For everyone outside the UK Todd was a bright kid (had a place at Oxford uni to study law) who left school before sitting his exams to set up home with Sarah-Lou, her kid from a previous relationship, and their unborn son. However Todd meets Karl, an out and proud nurse at the hospital where he works, and they have an affair. (Which ends in Sarah-Lou losing the baby, Todd leaving the show, Karl... well who knows what happened to him, and Sarah-Lou getting it on with Todd's brother, Jason. That girl wastes no time!)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:18 am
The only soap I watch is Hollyoaks, I used to watch Neighbours, but I got bored, because hardly anything happened. I have no idea what the American versions would be. And, I'm not going to list the slash pairings, as I would spell all their names wrong, because I haven't read any soap fanfics recently. sweatdrop Nobody would know who I'm talking about, anyway...  

Honourable123

lawliet-senpai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:24 am
I watch coronation street sometimes and i watch all my children on and off. but on the soap Passions theres a character named Chad and he's pretty funny when it comes to coming out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlpWoR3viUE
but other than that i cant really think of any pairings on my soaps...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:35 pm
*heavy sigh* There IS a canon gay couple in As The World Turns; Luke and Noah. But those two aren't doing so well right now. There's a lot of hullabaloo in media-land about how even though they've been a couple for goodness knows how long, it's been six months since the last episode they kissed. Everybody's up in arms about how they're not being treated equally in comparison to other soap couples who practically go at it like rabbits within twenty minutes of reciprocation, especially since Luke and Noah are easily one of the more well-adjusted and commited couples in the show. And honestly, I don't blame the people getting upset about it at all. It's more than a little fishy.  

Kitsune-chi

Honourable123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:36 am
Hollyoaks now has two gay guys (there was three up untill a while ago), and one bi transvestite. So, I'm, officially, not missing an episode. It's really difficult to stop myself 'aww'ing and giggling, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:25 am

The only soap opera I've ever watched was Power Rangers & La Fea Mas Bella ..... Wait a minute....

Nonetheless I think any series with two hot guys with some relation or the other to each other are clearly slashable! >w< whee I'm not a picky girl...

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200

SharpCookies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:50 pm
I'll give you one word: Nuke. As The World Turns = Luke & Noah = Love. People are really upset currently, due to their current storyline, but I have faith in my boys. They're awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:56 am
I used to watch all of them on ABC, and some on NBC (in America) but I've stopped watching them since I work these days. I never saw any of my soap men as a slash couple. Then I went on YouTube and was introduced to Luke and Noah and fell in love. I have their kiss saved under my favorites.  

smileontheedge

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games