Reply Extended Discussion
Armed and Dangerous: Weapons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ndoki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:42 pm
Yeah, I actually knew that... I rue the day I have to register my hands and feet as weapons.. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:23 pm
Ndoki
I have a sword (still don't know what classification it would be yet) and a ninja-to, but I don't carry them around with me... although I would if it were legal. As for using them.. to a small degree, but I have never needed them, nor ever forsee myself needing them. It was actually not too long ago I apparently have a 'reputation' around town that I wasn't even aware of... needless to say I have yet to ever be in a fight.

.....sad, really - I'm glad it's legal to carry swords in the U.S. - it's only good point, really - even if they eye you suspiciously and question thoroughly. As long as it isn't concealed, of course.  

ceilisidhe

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:56 am
ceilisidhe

.....sad, really - I'm glad it's legal to carry swords in the U.S. - it's only good point, really - even if they eye you suspiciously and question thoroughly. As long as it isn't concealed, of course.

It depends state-to-state. For instance, Texas law states that:
Quote:
§ 46.01. Definitions In this chapter:

(6) "Illegal knife" means a:
(A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;
(B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown;
(C) dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stilletto, and poniard;
(D) bowie knife;
(E) sword; or
(F) spear.
(7) "Knife" means any bladed hand instrument that is capable of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by cutting or stabbing a person with the instrument.

§ 46.02. Unlawful Carrying Weapons

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his person a handgun, illegal knife, or club.

§ 46.05Prohibited Weapons
(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:
(5) a switchblade knife;

As you can see, It is illegal to carry an "illegal knife", which includes a sword, on your persons.
I wish it weren't,but it is.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:46 pm
DieiNoctis
ceilisidhe

It depends state-to-state. For instance, Texas law states that:
Quote:
§ 46.01. Definitions In this chapter:

(6) "Illegal knife" means a:
(A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;
(B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown;
(C) dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stilletto, and poniard;
(D) bowie knife;
(E) sword; or
(F) spear.
(7) "Knife" means any bladed hand instrument that is capable of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by cutting or stabbing a person with the instrument.

§ 46.02. Unlawful Carrying Weapons

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his person a handgun, illegal knife, or club.

§ 46.05Prohibited Weapons
(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:
(5) a switchblade knife;

As you can see, It is illegal to carry an "illegal knife", which includes a sword, on your persons.
I wish it weren't,but it is.

.........and yet it is legal to carry a firearm in a hip holster as long as it's not concealed. Odd state, Texas. My friend John is certainly happy to have moved despite having moved.....here.  

ceilisidhe

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:44 am
I have a steel Rapier (so very very pretty) and also a compound bow, which I don't really want anymore, it might scare visitors.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:58 pm
Hmm now let me think from the past, well before I ended up getting rid of all my stuff for a gf now ex I had a good bit.
5 swords
6 daggers
10 knifes
3 bats, one with bobwire around it. Funny thing is I still got that one.
5 axes
hook
meat cliver and bucher knife
syth (big gream reaper type one)
4 little one hand syths
got 3 gas masks with new canisters
strait razor.

But now I just stick with my winchester and working on getting atleast a small shotgun. All the swords and axes in the world wont save you in a gun fight. So I basicaly need something thats going to get the job done. twisted  

Spike23080

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:24 pm
All I have to say about outlawing guns is....

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?

Aka, it's stupid. If someone wants to own a gun, or anything else, it should be their right. If they want to fire a gun or fireworks on their property, the city/state should have no right to say you can't.

((Proud Libertarian))  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:42 am
Don't ban guns.

Make bullets cost 10k a pop.
That way if you want to kill someone, then you REALLY have to want to kill someone.

Gun nuts are happy, hippies are happy, everyone wins.

Simples.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Rellik San
Crew

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:11 am
Rellik San
Don't ban guns.

That way if you want to kill someone, then you REALLY have to want to kill someone.

Simples.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Me like that alot 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:21 pm
Rellik San
Don't ban guns.

Simples.
http://blog.skyskraper.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/picture-1.png
That....

...is bloody flawless. Perfect idea.

xd  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:35 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
Don't ban guns.

Simples.
http://blog.skyskraper.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/picture-1.png
That....

...is bloody flawless. Perfect idea.

xd

lol....what a great idea! I can forsee a future market for bullets....forget the gold standard....the bullet standard will define the monetary climate of the future. I can see wall street monkeys hawking bullets on the trade floor. I guess i'll hang on to my meager stash and cash in when they reach 10k a bullet....i'll be rich....RICH i tell you!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:46 pm
Bamboo staffs
Hands/feet (referencing Luri-chan
2 Switchblades
2 Butterfly knives

I want:
An extendable staff
Reaper scythe  

Tetsuki Inuri Yumi

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items