Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
You're dead as a door-nail kid.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:59 pm
I snatched the title from a subtopic of my DD thread to bring you an interesting discussion on Afterlife traditions of the non-YHVH based Faiths.

So have at it.

Because my tradition works with the otherworlds on a regular basis, there is nothing eternal applied to the status of the soul of the World Walker.

However, not everyone is a World Walker, and thus the following mythos exist:

Some of the Domari have an Afterlife boardered by three rivers, one of sweet cream, one of milk and one of honey. In this world it is warm, there is much feasting and people play games and whenever one is hungry, one merely needs to reach out and the food desired will be at hand.

On the otherhand, there are tales of the soul being turned into the stars themselves. Further- shooting stars are the spirits of ancestors running close to the earth across the sky to hear their decendents wishes and take them back to the stars to weave them into the pattern of the world.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:28 am
Actually, this is one of the points where my particular sect is at odds with the main body of our faith.
The main body of the faith holds that the soul is held in stasi of sort, until after the end of days, at which point, in the new, perfected world, free of Ahriman, they shall be reconstituted in perfected forms. Until then, they linger.
The main body of my faith also holds that humans are the tipping point, and fulcrum for the ultimate triumph of Anhur over Ahriman.
My particular sect denounces this as revisionism aimed at placating the Muslims, and maintaining Dhimmi status.
We hold that all returns to whence it came, and from there may return in new forms, but never again as it was.  

Fiddlers Green

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:37 pm
The theories about the Greek afterlife are about as varied as they are now! I'm not even sure which I favor. I trust that something happens, and I go with it.

The main one is you go to Hades. You are sustained by the prayers and offerings of your relatives, but you eventually fade away. Not too bad, really.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games