Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Cthulhu: The Movie ( o.o;)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PirateEire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:09 pm

I didn't know where else to post this, so if it really does not deserve it's own thread, guild crew, feel free to delete it. I simply find it a little funny if not a bit sad.

Now, there are people who take Lovecraftian fiction to be fact, and who follow it seriously (right up there with the religious Jedi imho). I can't imagine this will do loads more for their reputation. Nonetheless, looks like a fun omg-krazy-cult horror movie. At the end of the trailer there, it seems like they're actually waiting for the Old Ones to be summoned by the sacrifices. I would enjoy an actual Cthulhu appearance somewhere in the movie, and I will be wasting my money going to see this movie... for kicks.

So then! Spoonfeed:

Will you see Cthulhu?
How do you think the movie will affect Lovecraftian literature and the knowledge thereof?
Tori Spelling...?
This thing!
Anything else at all related.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:44 pm
PirateEire
Will you see Cthulhu?

It seems to be filled with deliciously bad acting. How could I pass it up? twisted

I just hope it comes to my local theater. We usually only get the insanely popular/most hyped films.

Quote:
How do you think the movie will affect Lovecraftian literature and the knowledge thereof?

Depending on how much the movie catches on/is advertised, peoples' curiosity will more than likely be sparked. I remember that when the Lord of the Rings trilogy was made into movies, the local Borders and B & N actually sold out. I'm not sure if Lovecraft will pick up to that extent, though.  

queertastrophy

bobz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:24 pm
Hee!
Cthulhu comes to the cinema once more! And this time it looks like they have a budget, prehaps we might even see *gasp* beasties!
I'll watch this when it comes around, if only for the random-factor, it also promises boyboy kisses
Quote:
"We’re also into the gay stuff, so there’s some of that as well."

I also don't think it'll affect lovecraftian literature much at all, lovecraftian litrature is pretty much an open-source affair, with many authors having written bits and pieces that make up the mythos, though depending on it's popularity ity might draw just a few more readers in twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:22 pm
I might have to go and see that. xd  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:02 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:16 am
Oh I'm such a p***y... I am affraid of this movie.
Tori Spelling is in it! In her lingerie! eek

Oh the horror...  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:09 am
rofl

Worst case scenario, we get a few more loonies trying to summon their ancient master, like the rash of fluff that broke out after Hellboy became a movie, while most of the serious mythos followers either mock it, or worry tht it will awaken the dread elders...
And the rest of us get a good laugh all around. 3nodding

Maybe it will strengthen C'thulhu's chances for getting presidency in 2008. wink

Wing, I love those emotes by the way. surprised  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:26 am
Fiddlers Green
rofl

Worst case scenario, we get a few more loonies trying to summon their ancient master, like the rash of fluff that broke out after Hellboy became a movie, while most of the serious mythos followers either mock it, or worry tht it will awaken the dread elders...

Wait I missed that! eek Was there really a whole load of fluffs who started summoning Hellboy?  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:21 am
Elfin Brill
Wait I missed that! eek Was there really a whole load of fluffs who started summoning Hellboy?

Not exactly, but as the Hellboy mythos is somewhat similar to the Lovecraft mythos...
There were people talking (mostly out their a**, if you'll forgive the expression) about Rasputin, Nazi Mysticism, and Inscrutible elder gods hidden away in crystal prisons.
It lead to a spike in fluff in my area, and a few others.
Just like the DaVinci code movie lead to a spike in Ebil Xian conspiracy theoreys. rolleyes
Ultimately, be glad you missed it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:33 am
Fiddlers Green
Not exactly, but as the Hellboy mythos is somewhat similar to the Lovecraft mythos...
There were people talking (mostly out their a**, if you'll forgive the expression) about Rasputin, Nazi Mysticism, and Inscrutible elder gods hidden away in crystal prisons.
It lead to a spike in fluff in my area, and a few others.
Just like the DaVinci code movie lead to a spike in Ebil Xian conspiracy theoreys. rolleyes
Ultimately, be glad you missed it.

Is amazed.... eek

Yes, I think I am glad I missed it. neutral  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:46 am
Elfin Brill
Is amazed.... eek

I live in a very fluffy area...
We also have lots of Cafe' Covens...
People who practice magic based off what they glean listening to other, equally fluffy, charlatans chatting at our local cafes. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:30 pm
Fiddlers Green
Elfin Brill
Is amazed.... eek

People who practice magic based off what they glean listening to other, equally fluffy, charlatans chatting at our local cafes. confused
My, that sounds delightful...  

PirateEire

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:36 pm
Fiddlers Green
Elfin Brill
Is amazed.... eek

Can I eat them? That's my idea of a Cafe' Coven. twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:40 pm
TeaDidikai
Fiddlers Green
Elfin Brill
Is amazed.... eek

They're not kosher, I assure you.  

PirateEire

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:09 pm
PirateEire
TeaDidikai
Fiddlers Green
Elfin Brill
Is amazed.... eek

They're not kosher, I assure you.
Meh. I eat shellfish and wear blended fabrics already anyway.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games