Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[personal] ARGH (or, "why now?")

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

princessMeep

Shy Saint

4,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:40 am
[whine]

So, being a good little high school senior, I've been working on my college applications, albeit a little bit late. (I wanna apply early action.) I've got the Common App filled out, I'm in the process of getting my letters of recommendation, I've got my short answer done, etc. All I've really got left to do is take the ACT and re-take the SATs and write my essay.
Now, the ACT and SATs are scheduled already. I know when and where I'm going to take them. I haven't studied much for either, but my English scores were pretty |_33+ and I'm in a math class to help me bring up my scores. I'm a pretty good writer, so the ACT essay should be a breeze (I was one point off from perfect on my essay for the SATs last time I took them.)
... but I have writers' block. stressed gonk I've got a personal narrative due for my college composition class, and, of course, I have to write my essay for my application. I was thinking maybe they could be one and the same, I think that'd be cool with Mr D. I even have some ideas what I want to write about. I just can't seem to get it going. Everything I write sounds terrible, so most of it gets chucked. sweatdrop It's driving me nuts, 'cause I'm sort-of-really running on a deadline here. (I've gotta have my application together by November if I'm applying early action, which I plan to.)
ARGH. crying

[/whine]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:52 pm
Ouch. I'm a Junior, so I've been forced to start thinking of college stuff too. But yeah, writer's block sucks. sweatdrop Try taking a break and doing something you enjoy to try and get the creative juices pumping. And if you normally write for fun, try doing that. Writing (or anything else, for that matter) is more enjoyable if you do it by choice, and writing some short things by choice might get you in the right mood to write the things you're required to. Otherwise...walk around outside, or go see a movie or something. Sometimes one's brain just needs a break. You never know when you'll see something in everyday life that inspires you!  

Ethereal Observer

marrrow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:25 pm
That... really, really sucks. Luckily for me, I'm a freshman so I don't have to deal with it for a while. (I wanna go to Berkley.)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm
When I get really bad writer's block, I just grab a pad of paper and write random junk without even thinking about it. Usually, something comes up during that time, and when I go back and read it later, I think, "Hey, that just might work!"  

Falafel25

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

yukaritomo

Rainbow Hoarder

31,525 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:13 pm
writers bloke is evil stressed . i undersand your pain but sadley cannot help you with your topic.  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games