Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
And just how do you deal with Gribblies? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:40 pm
VisasMarr

Do these Gribblies just show up? Or are they there due to some magical/spiritual working?
That would depend on the Gribbly in my eyes.

I have experienced both- the more common of the two situations being people who don't know what the frell they are doing messing up.

Myself- I actually agree with TatteredAngel. Mostly because there are Mr. Darks out there that can spwan into Thought Forms and I have no desire to feed something that will otherwise not be a problem if simply ignored.

reagun ban
Can something which isn't real hurt you?
No.
Contested to an extent. The lack of something being real cannot hurt you, but the lengths one might go to in order to counter it may hurt many people.

Quote:
Can protecting against something which isn't real hurt you?
No.
See above.

Case in point:

My friend had her cell in her pocket and it autodialed my number. I was tired and I could tell the line was connected and heard people on the other end, but I couldn't tell who it was- so I kept saying "Hello? Hello?"

They freaked and began to tear the room apart to find the gribbly. I eventually hung up.

But their reaction to something that wasn't real had some extended consequences. The ritual they did went awry and they almost lost their home because of it.

We can argue the cause of this for hours- however, if they had put effort into trying to determine if it was a real gribbly and not simply their cell phone and a tired Tea trying to find out why someone was calling her- they would have had a lot easier time of it all.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:08 pm
Research the individual entity, then... one of three things occurs.
1. Implement researched knowledge to destroy it.
2. Implement researched knowledge to banish/bind it.
3. Die trying to accomplish 1 or 2.  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:39 pm
Fiddlers Green
The question then is- how do you go about it?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:58 pm
TeaDidikai
Fiddlers Green

Well, #3 is easy. sweatdrop
1 and 2 are dependent upon the individual entity in question... everything can be somehow opposed, the trick is finding out how...
Which starts with knowing exactly who and what you are dealing with.  

Fiddlers Green

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:21 am
1. Figure out why gribbly is bothering me in the first place
1a) Adjust shields
1b) Poke it - if it's a figment of my imagination it'll usually dissipate when I tell it it isn't real.

2. If it's still there, isolate or banish it
2a) Random gribbly = banish
2b) Gribbly that's the product of something else...

3. ...Find out who/what sent it. twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:20 am
So far I've managed with a multistage operation.

1. Shields / defences up
2. If at home, activate existing house defences.
3. Investigate gribbly; if it was sent rather than wandering, trace to sender.
4. Punt gribbly.
5. Quick cleansing ritual.
6. Fine-tune defences.

It seems to work out pretty well. Thanks for the terminology by the way; I had been looking for a word for that kind of entity for quite some time.  

walkingundine

walkingundine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:32 am
TeaDidikai
Fiddlers Green

Depending on the situation, here's what I've done:

- Bells & Whistles Approach: ringing bells, clattering pots and pans, lighting lots of candles, sweeping, singing really loudly, chanting persistently, etc. Can work on several kinds of gribbly, especially those to do with solitude or the kind of fear you only get at three in the morning when nobody else is home. Um, downside: These are not all good ideas at three in the morning. Advantage: It'll really shake up whatever stagnant energy you have around, breaking any unwanted stasis you may have been in.

- Representative magic approach: Produce a physical object that in some way resembles or suggests the gribbly. Physically binding or destroying it can help you focus on binding or destroying the actual gribbly. Disadvantage: You don't always have time or materials to be crafty. Advantage: I tell you no lies, I have made this work by washing dirty laundry. I rounded up the mankiest socks I could find, piled 'em in a gribbly-sized heap, and tossed them in the washer. Worked a treat.

-Shooting fish in a barrel approach: Use gratuitous amounts of energy to just punt the thing. Advantage: It's no fuss, no muss- as long as you can spare the juice, and you're pretty sure what kind of gribbly you've got. Disadvantage: ...If you can spare the juice, and you're pretty sure what kind of gribbly you've got.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff