Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Goddess Tarot Deck Offensive? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:22 am
phoenix shadowwolf
BlueRoseTorn
VisasMarr
The Emperor / Freyja /

Is that a typo, or what the card says? 'Cause...I'm confused (what else is new?).
the author of the cards took some liberties and created new names for some of the cards, hence why Power is in front of Emperor.

Ok, thanks. I'm not familiar with Tarot at all, and had a brainfart. I get it now, and it makes sense. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:53 am
reagun ban

We're not questioning the validity of the deck. AFAIC the deck images should just reflect the archetypes they represent. Anything that can encompass them will work.
We're just commenting on the use of mythohistorical people in the context of Gods.

Silly question, what does AFAIC stand for?  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:23 am
reagun ban

We're not questioning the validity of the deck. AFAIC the deck images should just reflect the archetypes they represent. Anything that can encompass them will work.
We're just commenting on the use of mythohistorical people in the context of Gods.
To be fair though- the quality of the reading would be very different should someone who understands the mythos and the tarot as an overarching concept apply their understanding to the deck.

Something about her as Judgement makes me laugh... in the same way that I laugh at Skinny White Chicks who claim to be the reincarnation of Morgan La Fae.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:32 am
blindfaith^_^
reagun ban

"As Far As I Care", I do believe.

*goes to look up Gwennhwyfar as the name only looks a little familiar*

*spies Arthur and Camelot and lots more strange words in the google hits* Ooh, Guinevere.. Whoah, what a way to spell. o_o

Well, at least now the Goddess Not A Goddess thing makes sense. 3nodding  

Maze

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:38 am
Maze
blindfaith^_^
reagun ban

*spies Arthur and Camelot and lots more strange words in the google hits* Ooh, Guinevere.. Whoah, what a way to spell. o_o

But Judgement?

Good golly... that whelp didn't have enough judgement to keep her legs together half the time... talk2hand  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:48 am
TeaDidikai
Maze
blindfaith^_^
reagun ban

But Judgement?

Good golly... that whelp didn't have enough judgement to keep her legs together half the time... talk2hand

xd Well, I never said that made sense. If she had STD's from sleeping around, though, then she might count as delayed Judgement?

Which is probably not a very respectful thing to say, hehe..  

Maze

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:28 pm
Maze

xd Well, I never said that made sense. If she had STD's from sleeping around, though, then she might count as delayed Judgement?

Which is probably not a very respectful thing to say, hehe..

No. That isn't judgement. That's cause and effect.

As for respect- well, it needs to be earned.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:40 pm
blindfaith^_^
phoenix shadowwolf
BlueRoseTorn
VisasMarr
The Emperor / Freyja /

Is that a typo, or what the card says? 'Cause...I'm confused (what else is new?).
the author of the cards took some liberties and created new names for some of the cards, hence why Power is in front of Emperor.

i'm suprised that the author used Gwennhwyfar...and rather unnerved...

Yeah the use of the Goddesses and not really Goddesses is a little odd. To be honest I got the cards a while ago because I liked the pictures. The cards ended up being my favorited deck because the readings are accurate, however the little infos they have with the Goddesses are pretty much wrong or too vague to be helpful, which of course got me to think that perhaps the whole deck could be considered offensive. Hence the question.

Ditto, I bought mine when I was just exiting my more fluffy years. I think as a deck it does work, however, I wouldn't use it as a tool of worship, or work with any of these Goddesses and using the deck as a focus... that sort of thing.  

VisasMarr

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:04 am
I want to know why Freya is there in Frigga's place as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:36 pm
TeaDidikai

*shrug* I am thinking Kris Waldherr, though creative and a great artist, was not so much a scholar or a writer. I think she just put The Goddesses where she thought would be best, based on her very limited knowledge.  

VisasMarr

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:40 am
VisasMarr
TeaDidikai

*shrug* I am thinking Kris Waldherr, though creative and a great artist, was not so much a scholar or a writer. I think she just put The Goddesses where she thought would be best, based on her very limited knowledge.
Safe bet that.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces