Submit

Did you go?
  OF COURSE
  hell no
  poll whorin
View Results

Canada3952

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:39 pm
The concert i went to was the last stop on the tour, in louisville texas, i was just wonderin who all went to that and how the concerts were there

(following is my experience at summer of ska)
its was pretty awesome for me, knew the local bands cept for the first one, but westbound train is amazingly awesome, suburban legends was probly near the highpoint since it was first time i had crowd surfed and stage dived, also got to talk the lead singer after i got back on stage and he asked were my shoe was haha (i lost it but got it back), big D had a great set, opened wih little b***h and had LAX and a bunch of other great songs, and voodoo was good too but i was dead tired, great ending tho with all the brass n sax players all playing at once

i was kinda dissapointed catch dropped out of the tour tho  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:23 pm
I missed it, but it looked like an awsome tour. I wish I was there.  

GIoom
Vice Captain

Paxter Walker

Generous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:12 pm
That was such a great tour.
Was not crazy about the first band was fine, but nothing great.
Big D was okay, the sound guys were being stupid so it sounded really odd. (it always an issue at that hall) xd
By SL, the sound was fixed and it was great. 3nodding
BGM/VGS was very cool, the floor was going crazy. whee
Catch 22 was very good (still one of my favs), I don't know why they have such a bad live rep. question They were great. heart I caught them on there first stop, I wish I could have seen them again. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:51 am
I dissagree. It felt more like a punk show than a ska one. I saw more moshing than skanking and the sound guy made everything just sound bassy (except for Westbound Train) which overpowered the guitar.  

NoFingersMcKenzi

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:22 pm
Pretty ********' awesome to me.

Best part of Catch 22's set was the drunk guy everyone was shoving back and forth. He was really to drunk to stand, so we kept him up. Sort of.

I had tons of fun. Pretty awesome skank circle during VGS, but Suburban Legends made the dance floor the most fun. And all the bands got the entire room dancing. Even the shy people all the way in the back.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:52 pm
That was such a kick a** show. Suburban Legends were amazing, I never knew they had ceographed dances xD West Bound Train was good too. I didn't really watch Big D, I was having a really bad week.. Voodoo was awesome though. My friend kept on complaining about how their drummer was a beat off xDD Catch 22 put on an awesome show, they playyed The Spark twice, which kinda annoyed me cause I really wanted them to play 1234,1234 like the usually do, but didn't D;
That was the only upset and it wasn't that big of a deal. It was a truly awesome tour.

[Everything Went Numb]

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:04 pm
the first two shows were both during my band camp so I couldn't go but do you want to know how awesome my drumline is? during dinner they surprised me with a dance party. I'll admit that most of it wasn't ska but I was just touched that they noticed I was sad.

I really wish I could've gone because I've been trying to catch the suburban legends for years now but they get out to NY so rarely let alone out to long island. -sigh- when they get here I'll be ready. domokun  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:56 pm
It was pretty awesome.
Westbound Train played first, I love their singer, they were awesome. biggrin
But it was really sad because there was only like 3 or 4 people in the skank pit it pissed me off. :O
Then Suburban Legends played, I was like OMFG these guys rock live with their backstreet boys esque dancing rutines to ska, it was effing awesome. Still, only like 10 people in the pit.
Then Big D came on and then it was THIS HUMUNGOUS SURGE in the pit, I mean, people outside of the pit got pushed so hard, some random preppy lookin person[weird, huh?] dropped her alcoholic drink all over my keds, which bummed me out but it was all good. I love Big D so i was hella skankin hard. Then Catch came on, I was so effing pissed they played mostly songs off their new cd WHICH I STILL DON'T HAVE YET so i didnt know what the ******** they were sayin most of the time. But they still played Keasbey Nights [duh], Sounds Good, But I Don't Know, Good Times, and I think it was Neverending Story. And then there was this monster space between them and VGS who I had no clue they even existed cuz they're skacore and I don't like skacore. This latino dude with this lame a** mohawk [seriously, it was a lame mohawk] comes up to me looking at me like I'm what he's having for desert [meaning creepy stalker way] and made me promise that I'd MOSH for VGS. I don't mosh, I skank. So I lied to his creepy face and said yes than ran back to my friends. So then VGS came on and I'm like WHAT THE ********? The drummer was fat fat fat and he was playing SHIRTLESS and then I think it was the trumpet player, I don't remember cuz I don't really care about them too much, had these gauges THE SIZE OF MY FIST. They were flapping while he was playing. My friends and I were like "They suck, we should go buy merch instead of watching them because there arent any lines". So we did that, and I got to talk to the drummer of SL he was pretty tight my friends thought he was hot. I didn't think so, but yah. ^^

KeasbeyNightslvr

cynicalspiritvalea

Wheezing Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:12 am
I wish i had known...and acatully had money for it..... wahmbulance wahmbulance  
Rude Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games