Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Seeing Faces

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Lady Voldemort

Anxious Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:24 am
I just joined and am not really knowledgable about this stuff so bear with me. sweatdrop

Okay. A lot of the times when I close my eyes I see faces. Just various random faces of people. Other times I see various eyes. Like all different kinds. It really bothers me, because as I'm trying to sleep I keep seeing these people and sometimes there is a name or word attached to the image. A book I read says this has something to do with spirits but I'm kind of unsure. Other times I have felt people poke or prod me when there is nothing there. Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanx for your time.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:45 pm
Well, before giving it a metaphysical/supernatural explanation. I would investigate this from a mental health perspective first.

Here are some questions you might want to consider:

1] Do these "faces" keep you up at night?

2] Are they recognizable? What sort of things do they seem related to?

3] What sort of feelings (physical and emotional) do you have when they do appear? Are you anxious, nervous, calm, sad, happy...etc?

I'm no mental health expert, but I would invesitgate this from several perspectives before making any conclusions.

I'll cite some of my own experiences...

I am a migrainer. I get migraines chronically. People with migraines sometimes get this thing called "aura" which is basically a visual hallucination. But it can also include the other senses. I have "aura" a lot of the time, not just when I am about to have migraine pain. This is because for some reason I am fairly light sensitive. *shrug* When it first started popping up, I really was not sure what was going on. Because I see white, or sometimes rainbow coloured negative light around people and things, I thought I might have been seeing actual "auras." But that simply was not the case. After a brain scan, and a visit to the neurologist, it was decided that my vision is "whacked out" because I have migraines..
teehee.  

VisasMarr

Eshmasesh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:06 pm
VisasMarr
Well, before giving it a metaphysical/supernatural explanation. I would investigate this from a mental health perspective first.
Ditto on that.
Sometimes when I'm falling asleep, I hear voices that sound like they're right next to me and it scares the hell out of me. I wouldn't say it's supernatural in any sense; it's most likely completely psychological.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:05 pm
Eshmasesh
Sometimes when I'm falling asleep, I hear voices that sound like they're right next to me and it scares the hell out of me. I wouldn't say it's supernatural in any sense; it's most likely completely psychological.

I have experienced this numerous times, too. I have tried, and in one instance succeeded in, forcing reproduction of this effect, but I could not maintain the necessary state of consciousness for more than a brief moment because of the momentum of falling asleep or waking up.

If you could imagine what a telephone operator might experience if plugging into the phone system and listening to all voice calls worldwide simultaneously, that is precisely the chaos I experience. I thought that one time I singled out the distressed voice of someone I knew, but when I checked with them the next day, they were just fine.

So I don't know if this is anything metaphysical/supernatural, but weird? Yes. Scary? Nah, too fascinating to be scary. But that's just me. The Sci-Fi Channel fan in me makes me want to believe I'm plugging into the vast network of human consciousness and "surfing the metaneural net," but the skeptic in me thinks that maybe it's just a side effect of exhaustion/the release of conscious control, i.e., brain noise.  

Sevendreams

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff