Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
WOW! DDR. Who knew?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:26 pm
Ok, so we all know DDR (dance dance revolution) is a great workout.
But did you know HOW great?
Apparently playing DDR for an hour burns upwards of 750calories!!!
That's like 200 calories more than jogging does!

Also, I found out today that you need to burn 3500 calories to lose just ONE pound! X_X OUCH.

I think I'll be investing in some DDR sometime soon. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:32 pm
lol, I've thought about getting one of those dance mats and one of the games and such to go with it...but I bet I would lose concentration and end up just jumping around instead of actually doing the steps xD..but at least I would still be jumping, 700 cals is a lot..I think thats the total I burn off when doing my walk for an hour AND my 40mins of aerobics xD

I think I may invest in one of these when I get more money xD  

Deadlock Victim

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:23 pm
If you can, get the mats with the foam underside, they slip around less and have raised buttoms, so you dont lose your place as often.
n_n

My friend lent me her floormat one.
You can get those kind pretty cheap, and even find ones that plug into your comp, so you can just download the game instead of buy the expensive ps2/x-box one.

But the actual ps2/xbox version also has a workout mode, and you can set how many calories you want to burn and whatnot.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:31 pm
If I didn't have problems with my joints, and didn't have to therefore avoid high-impact exercising, I would love to get Dance Dance Revolution. A friend of mine has lost 100 pounds doing DDR. She's still got 150 to go, but hey, she's really getting down there, and she's much healthier. She can do DDR for an hour and barely even notice it, these days.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:58 am
i really want to get into DDR but I don't think that I am coordinated enough to do so.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:44 am
DDR is amazing. It's fun, it's fairly easy, and it's a great party game too, so you don't have to do it by yourself. 3nodding I really recommend it to everyone. While I haven't lost a lot of weight doing it, it has helped out aerobic-exercise wise for me. I hate running, and I can't go swimming often enough for my liking, so it's a good way for me to get that kind of workout.

And don't worry about not being coordinated enough. It takes some getting used to, but you'll start seeing arrows sooner or later. I was horrible at it for about a month before I got the hang of it. And now, about a year after originally getting the game, I can do some of the Heavy modes at long last. mrgreen  

Psychotic_Psychic

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:46 pm
Divash
If I didn't have problems with my joints, and didn't have to therefore avoid high-impact exercising, I would love to get Dance Dance Revolution. A friend of mine has lost 100 pounds doing DDR. She's still got 150 to go, but hey, she's really getting down there, and she's much healthier. She can do DDR for an hour and barely even notice it, these days.
Exactly. My best friend gets GREAT exercise with DDR, and it looks fun mut my knees are far too messed up to do anything not in the water.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:40 pm
all I have is a gamecube, but my boy has an xbox, so i'm thinking i could find a good game for that possibly?  

Aeren
Crew

Masquerader

Invisible Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:34 am
I have a DDR mat but I had always borrowed my neighbor's game until she moved. So now I either have to go rent or buy my own game. It really is a good workout though!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:48 pm
Awesome, I'm going to go buy DDR xd  

Kaego

hydroh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:00 pm
Aeren
all I have is a gamecube, but my boy has an xbox, so i'm thinking i could find a good game for that possibly?

Yeah, they have alot of knockoffs of DDR..There's one for the gamecube that my friend has, but I can't remember what it's called...*strains*

><;

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:46 am
I lurve DDR, and wow.
o.o

I think I might get a DDR mat.
x3

Though I need to know if there is one for Gamecube.
Dx  

Hayatochi

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:42 am
My SO just bought a Playstation 2 and Dance Dance Revolution, and tonight or tomorrow night we'll be hooking it all up and seeing how we like it. Already I'm prepared to rename it Dance Dance Humiliation, but as long as it works, I don't care how silly I'll look while learning. I'll let you all know how I feel about it after I've used it a few times.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:22 pm
DDR. Oh how I miss thy! crying

I bought my DDR mat and game a while back now. (maybe about a year) and I find it an amazing workout. But sometimes I lose interest with the limited songs.

I did however have to stop using it for a while becasue stupid me tried to do a song in "Heavy Mode" and ended up twisting my ankle when slipping off the 2inch high mat! xd Now I can use DDR, but for about 20mins MAX. After all that jumping my ankle starts to really act up and sting like a b***h sad

3242Ga3423214bbbiii31234

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games