Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ted Andrews

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Ted Andrews a good author, or a crappy hack?
  Good Author
  Crappy Hack
  Who?
View Results

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:26 am
While most everyone has talked about SRW, Cunningham, and Conway at some point or another, I don't think I've seen anyone talk about Ted Andrews, which is somewhat curious to me.

Granted, most of his books cover metaphysial techniques rather then actual religion (aura, past lives, etc), he has writen quite a large a desent number of books

I don't have much of a problem with him; then again, in more ignorent times I thought that Silver Cashcow wasn't that bad. Plus, now that I look over a list of titles by him, I'm somewhat make nearvous by the use of a K in the word magic...

Anyone have any thoughts on him and/or what he has written?

Books by Ted Andrews
Simplified Magic
Imagick
The Sacred Power in Your Name
How to See and Read the Aura
How to Heal with Color
How to Uncover Past Lives
Dream Alchemy
The Magical Name
Sacred Sounds
How to Meet & Work with Spirit Guides
Magickal Dance
The Occult Christ
Animal Speak
The Healer's Manual  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:07 am
The only book of his I'm familiar with is "Animal Speak" and I haven't read it through enough to be able to make a qualified assessment on it. Not sure how much of the folklore in it is well-researched; I prefer to go to qualified folklorists when I'm looking into that sort of thing (ie, avoiding the New Age section entirely). I've heard good things about the book from others, but that doesn't neccesarily mean anything. Any book has its uses, eh?  

Starlock

VisasMarr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:39 pm
I have Animal Speak, but I haven't actually read it yet. From what I can tell (aka at first glance) he is alright. He has a fairly extensive bibliography for a Llewellyn book. And not all of the books in the bibliography are of a magical/metaphysical nature. From what I can tell most of his influence from this book are members of the North American Aboriginal community, and he has taken care to not bastardize ideas (as far as I can tell). He is of course though taking much of this knowledge out of it's original cultural context. But he does try to include some of that in the book.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games