Submit

Read them?
  Yes
  No
  Just here for the poll---gold
View Results

Durigen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:50 am
Here's to hoping the final book comes out well from his notes and all. I enjoy the books, even though the middle few are a bit slow. The first couple and the last few are fairly entertaining though. I'd have to peg Mat as my favorite character.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:43 pm
Yeah, Mats my favorit too
It was Perrin in the begining, but he managed to kind of piss me off  

Angleic Shadow

Durigen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:24 am
I blame his wife razz

seriously though, Perrin started to annoy me as well... I wonder why... Perhaps he's not as interesting when he's involved in politics?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:11 am
Durigen
I blame his wife razz

seriously though, Perrin started to annoy me as well... I wonder why... Perhaps he's not as interesting when he's involved in politics?

I don't know, he's just kind of really oblivious at times and I get really annoyed when characters act stupid  

Angleic Shadow

Durigen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:29 pm
Angleic Shadow
Durigen
I blame his wife razz

I don't know, he's just kind of really oblivious at times and I get really annoyed when characters act stupid

That's probably what it is. I think Jordan made a point in the beginning of the series to make Perrin seem to be someone that took their time thinking things through. I recall it being said that people often viewed him as dense because of that. At least in the first few books, we still saw Perrin as smart even though he took his time making decisions. However, I think Jordan screwed up in the past couple books and made Perrin seem too dense.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:50 pm
Robert Jordan tends to fall into the category of the ramblers, terrific at the descriptions, and supposedly has a decent plot for some of it. but I have only been able to read the first book 1.5 times, the 1/2 cause i was out of reading material at the time.  

CastleAlyts

violet angel 824893

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:50 pm
i'm on book 6 right now. i'm so sad that he died! i hope as well they can make the last book, i hate not being able to know what happens in the end X.x i acually like perrin the best because he seems the most level headed and romantic of them all. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:49 am
I haven't read the books, because I only heard of them about the time the author died. They look really good, but I'm going to wait until the final one gets published before I start on them.

It's out next autumn apparently, and is being written by some Brandon Sanderson guy. I've never heard of him.

Anyway, I'm gonna wait 'til I hear if the final book lives up until I start on the whole series. I'm not gonna read through so much only to be dissapointed at the end!

Foolish Catalyst

Saiwen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:41 am
I went out and read some of Brandon Sanderson's stuff. It's pretty good. I think he'll do a good job, although I'm sure people will complain no matter what the book turns out to be.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:27 pm
I read on Wiki that the final book will be split up over 3 years as 3 individual books but under one title. So I'll probably have to buy the hardcovers to find out what happens or wait 4 years altogether for the paperbacks.  

Darth_Magus1

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces