Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Gold Mine
Wrong

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well?
  That was sweet to try to lower it for her.
  Thats sweet and all...But you should have just given it to her.
  Your a greedy greedy person!! -Throws stones at Keelan.- (Me:: Hey!! >< )
View Results

KeelanAbduxuel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:43 pm
I inherited a car when my grandma passed away. The same day, my other grandma gave me her old car. (By the by, I don't have a license and I'm 17. Not even a learners permit.) My parents said I could sell my passed away grandma's car for $500.00 if I wanted. I told my other grandma about it and she said she'd buy it from me. I really want some money to spend. I don't have a job, I don't get an allowence. I don't get money. Anyway, my grandma said she'd pay the $500.00. I said no and offered to let her buy the car for $5.00 and she told me no. She said she'd either pay or she wouldn't buy the car at all so I had no choice. After she gave me $100.00, my dad started making fun of me and saying I'd robbed this old woman who used to change my diapers and be there for me when I needed someone. I ran into the house crying because I felt so guilty "making" her pay.

Did I do the right thing by trying to lower it, should I have stuck to my guns, or am I being a greedy person?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:26 am
i don't think you're greedy or a bad person. i think you're a great person for wanting to give your grandma the car for free. but sometimes people don't feel right being given things so they would rather pay for it. so by your grandma paying you the one hundred dollars and by you accepting the money you made your grandma feel good inside. now she doesn't feel like she just took your car away. and don't feel bad about what your dad said. he was just teasing you.  

Angel Muerto

Noxide

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:04 am
it was a really nice thing to lower the price of it!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:51 am
u tryed and u could not give the car to her for free anyways there are laws and stuff. i don't know much about it but when we got my grate grandfathers car we payed $1 for it.  

toricmpbll

[KookieMunzta]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:36 am
I dont think your a bad person, I think you did a good thing. Your grandma is the one who didnt want to take your offer, she was just trying to help you out like you were doing for her

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:51 am
it was nice don't listen to mean people  

Noxide

The Gold Mine

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas