Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
HELP! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you teach me
  yes
  no
View Results

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:03 pm
Seth_God
VisasMarr
TeaDidikai
Why on earth would you want to be the Priestess of a Fertility Cult?

That is what I want to know. Why does everyone (that is the newbs to the "Pagan" scene) want to be Wiccan? Is it just because that seems to be the most readily availible - as in all of the "literature" about it?

It baffles me.

It is publically broadcast at my school as an awesome religion that allows you to do spells!

*wears and ankh and a quartz and have like ten kids ask me if I can teach them wicca* stare I hate the new year fluff...
Are you serious? My town is a bit to conservative (and way to christian) to do anything like that.

Seriously, where do you live? Most people tend to give me a wide birth if they ever see the pentagram I wear under my shirt. I think I'm just curious to hear about a place where teenagers are not acting like pagans are teh evil and could smite you with all sorts of unspeakable things...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:00 pm
Fiddlers Green
GreenDaysSlave
cause i have an aunt who died who was into Wicca.. but she died

Ah, so there was a familial attachement...
Do you happen to know any of her associates whom she practiced with?
no i just found out about her a year ago  

GreenDaysSlave

GreenDaysSlave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:05 pm
[Kudzu]
GreenDaysSlave
i would like your help, i wanna get into Wicca. I would like you to teach me! will ya?!?!?!?!

No, thank you. I am not qualified to teach Wicca. It is also my belief that nobody can teach Wicca over the Internet. Good luck and be careful.
ok well i didn't know that thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:10 pm
TeaDidikai
GreenDaysSlave
TeaDidikai
~still wants to know why you want to be the Priestess of a Fertility Cult~
cause i have an aunt who died who was into Wicca.. but she died
"Into Wicca"?

Was she a Priestess in the Wiccan Fertility Cult? Or was she an Eclectic Pagan?

Fiddler>> I'll grant that this is very abrupt phrasing. But it is a rehab guild after all.
i don't know i am just find out about her  

GreenDaysSlave

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:11 pm
Okay- allow me to ask this:

Do you want to be a Priestess in a Fertility Cult?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:42 pm
TeaDidikai

i have no clue  

GreenDaysSlave

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:29 pm
GreenDaysSlave
TeaDidikai

i have no clue
Let us take a look at what you say you are interested in.

TeaDidikai

There are five important aspects to the nature and application of the word Wicca- all come directly from Gardner himself.

First...

G. Gardner
Of course, the Craft of the Wica is not the only group which seeks to contact the Gods. There are other occult groups which use a similar technique, and their aims are the same, namely to bring through the Divine power to help, guide and uplift mankind at this dangerous and exciting turning-point in human history.

But, so far as I know, these groups generally work with the Egyptian and Greek Gods and Goddesses, and I cannot think that these contacts are as powerful here as they would be upon their native soil;

Second...

G. Gardner
The Observer survey revealed that half of those who believe in an after-life 'believe explicitly in reincarnation' - which is a fundamental tenet of the Wica, as it happens; the religion which is called the 'old faith' by the witches

Third....

G. Gardner
The Wica seem to have been taught certain beliefs, most probably by the Kabalists, which they have incorporated into their own.

Fourth...

G. Gardner
The Priests and Priestesses who directed these festivals were called the Wica, meaning 'The Wise Ones',

Fifth...

G. Gardner
The fertility cult represented by the group in which Gardner had now been enrolled is one of these religions, claims to be the oldest, is called by its members the Wica.
While Gardner did say that "these now are the witches of today", I can note that a number of faiths are excluded by this.

I think it is fair to say based on Gardner's words- that one must Worship the Lord and Lady of Wicca, who are by his words, Deities of the Isles. I would go so far as to state one must worship them exclusively to be Wiccan. For- stepping outside of that realm, one would most certainly be an Eclectic Pagan.

That one must be one of their Priests or Priestesses to be considered Wiccan.

That what one serves as, is a Priest or Priestess of the Wiccan Lord and Lady's Fertility Cult.

That there are Kabalistic Influences in the practice.

One must believe in Reincarnation.

Now- We have just cut a number of Recon groups, all of the Eclectic Neo-Pagan community and a handful of long standing pagan faiths from the running as well as Folk Tradition based Witchcults.

Further- one must consider themselves both Wiccan and a Witch.

Deoridhe
Wicca is a mystery tradition begun by Gerald Gardner in the 1950s. He based it on some ancient folklore, took the holidays of the Celts and the Norse and combined them, and created a magical system in the style of Kabalism. Wicca assumes a magical system based on five elements (earth, air, fire, water, spirit) and four directions. It is ditheistic and strictly divides gods and goddesses, as well as men and women, by characteristics associated with each. The Wiccan God is a diune figure, the Oak and Holly King who dies in the fall and is reborn in the spring. The Wiccan Goddess is a triune figure associated with the moon; she is the mother/maiden/crone figure. The Wiccan Rede, believed by some to be written by Doreen Valiente, includes many of the assumptions and indicates the worldview of this religion. When Valiente left the initial coven created by Gardner, he wrote the 161 Laws of the Wicca to expand on the earlier created Wiccan Rede.

More recent authors have bought into the provably false claims of Margaret Murry that Wicca is an ancient religion practiced by Northern Europeans. Although Wicca has a superficial relationship with several of the religions found in Northern Europe, it is very distinctive in a wide variety of ways and combines different traditions in a way that was never historically done. Wicca's modern creation is well established, but it does not mean the religion is without merit. However, as a mystery tradition, the only way to truly become a Wiccan is to find someone within the tradition to teach you, usually via a coven, and advance to the higher mysteries. Any published books will only cover the basics of Wicca enough to get people curious; these published books also frequently do not disclose they are only giving part of the story, leading to many people becoming confused as to the real nature of Wicca.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:11 pm
TeaDidikai
GreenDaysSlave
TeaDidikai

i have no clue
Let us take a look at what you say you are interested in.

TeaDidikai

There are five important aspects to the nature and application of the word Wicca- all come directly from Gardner himself.

First...

G. Gardner
Of course, the Craft of the Wica is not the only group which seeks to contact the Gods. There are other occult groups which use a similar technique, and their aims are the same, namely to bring through the Divine power to help, guide and uplift mankind at this dangerous and exciting turning-point in human history.

But, so far as I know, these groups generally work with the Egyptian and Greek Gods and Goddesses, and I cannot think that these contacts are as powerful here as they would be upon their native soil;

Second...

G. Gardner
The Observer survey revealed that half of those who believe in an after-life 'believe explicitly in reincarnation' - which is a fundamental tenet of the Wica, as it happens; the religion which is called the 'old faith' by the witches

Third....

G. Gardner
The Wica seem to have been taught certain beliefs, most probably by the Kabalists, which they have incorporated into their own.

Fourth...

G. Gardner
The Priests and Priestesses who directed these festivals were called the Wica, meaning 'The Wise Ones',

Fifth...

G. Gardner
The fertility cult represented by the group in which Gardner had now been enrolled is one of these religions, claims to be the oldest, is called by its members the Wica.
While Gardner did say that "these now are the witches of today", I can note that a number of faiths are excluded by this.

I think it is fair to say based on Gardner's words- that one must Worship the Lord and Lady of Wicca, who are by his words, Deities of the Isles. I would go so far as to state one must worship them exclusively to be Wiccan. For- stepping outside of that realm, one would most certainly be an Eclectic Pagan.

That one must be one of their Priests or Priestesses to be considered Wiccan.

That what one serves as, is a Priest or Priestess of the Wiccan Lord and Lady's Fertility Cult.

That there are Kabalistic Influences in the practice.

One must believe in Reincarnation.

Now- We have just cut a number of Recon groups, all of the Eclectic Neo-Pagan community and a handful of long standing pagan faiths from the running as well as Folk Tradition based Witchcults.

Further- one must consider themselves both Wiccan and a Witch.

Deoridhe
Wicca is a mystery tradition begun by Gerald Gardner in the 1950s. He based it on some ancient folklore, took the holidays of the Celts and the Norse and combined them, and created a magical system in the style of Kabalism. Wicca assumes a magical system based on five elements (earth, air, fire, water, spirit) and four directions. It is ditheistic and strictly divides gods and goddesses, as well as men and women, by characteristics associated with each. The Wiccan God is a diune figure, the Oak and Holly King who dies in the fall and is reborn in the spring. The Wiccan Goddess is a triune figure associated with the moon; she is the mother/maiden/crone figure. The Wiccan Rede, believed by some to be written by Doreen Valiente, includes many of the assumptions and indicates the worldview of this religion. When Valiente left the initial coven created by Gardner, he wrote the 161 Laws of the Wicca to expand on the earlier created Wiccan Rede.

More recent authors have bought into the provably false claims of Margaret Murry that Wicca is an ancient religion practiced by Northern Europeans. Although Wicca has a superficial relationship with several of the religions found in Northern Europe, it is very distinctive in a wide variety of ways and combines different traditions in a way that was never historically done. Wicca's modern creation is well established, but it does not mean the religion is without merit. However, as a mystery tradition, the only way to truly become a Wiccan is to find someone within the tradition to teach you, usually via a coven, and advance to the higher mysteries. Any published books will only cover the basics of Wicca enough to get people curious; these published books also frequently do not disclose they are only giving part of the story, leading to many people becoming confused as to the real nature of Wicca.
yes  

GreenDaysSlave

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:41 pm
GreenDaysSlave
yes
Would you also agree that to beat someone is to teach them to love?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:11 pm
TeaDidikai
GreenDaysSlave
yes
Oh yeah...I'd totally forgotten about the scourge. Kinda kinky...if you like being lashed a total of 18 times...the first time...  

Kal Eldritch

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:21 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
GreenDaysSlave
yes
Oh yeah...I'd totally forgotten about the scourge. Kinda kinky...if you like being lashed a total of 18 times...the first time...

Listen up Kiddies- Gardner was the creepy old Cultist your mommies and daddies worry about. twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:56 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
GreenDaysSlave
yes
sorry i have to love the kinky things in life  

GreenDaysSlave

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:03 pm
GreenDaysSlave
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
GreenDaysSlave
yes
sorry i have to love the kinky things in life
Do you feel that you need to be mastered?

Do you need to sacrifice your self to your gods?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff