Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Intimidation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:52 am
Nuri
I'm conquering meditation by making it mine. I printed off a couple of color your own mandalas and was really suprised at how well I used it. it's research time, and working at it.

I like that. 3nodding Very cool idea.

(not that I have problems with meditation. ninja )  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:26 am
Elfin Brill
Nuri
I'm conquering meditation by making it mine. I printed off a couple of color your own mandalas and was really suprised at how well I used it. it's research time, and working at it.

If I can sit for 10 minutes, its progress. I need something that is both active and mindfull at the same time, and the mandala coloring seems to do that.

Eclectism does have its place.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:51 am
Nuri
Elfin Brill
Nuri

If I can sit for 10 minutes, its progress. I need something that is both active and mindfull at the same time, and the mandala coloring seems to do that.

Eclectism does have its place.
Some cultures just knew how to do it better than others I suppose. I'd think the zen buddhists would have it down pretty good. But then, they have motivation. If they don't meditate correctly, they get smacked with a sturdy bamboo pole as hard as the monk can swing it O.o  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:38 pm
Nuri

What exactly is a mandala anyway?  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:15 pm
Kuroiban
Nuri

What exactly is a mandala anyway?

5 minute read description: at wiki  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:05 pm
RE: Mandalas are awesome! Though I cannot say I've ever used one before...

For meditation, when I was younger I conqured it by listening to my "meditation mix" (which contained mostly Enya, some soundtracks, like _Braveheart_.) on my walkman before I went to sleep. I would have about 30 minutes of meditation before I would go to sleep. I would start with the standard consciously relaxing my body bit and tracking my breathing by counts of four. Four for inhalation, four for holding, four for exhalation. In my minds eye I worked with a few meditations by other people, and a few of my own. The main one I did was $ilverRabidWolf's (I am cringing just admiting this) Chakra meditation (which can be found in _To Ride A Silver Boomstick_). For me, it was a very good meditation, and very easy to master.

Since my craft glory days, I haven't really been able to get the nack again. That could be because of my various health issues.. I'm not sure. But now, meditating is really difficult. In my yoga class, I found it easy to meditate, but I think it was because it was partially guided. Regardless, I have found yoga to be helpful in that respect smile I cannot wait until classes start again so I can take another yoga class.  

VisasMarr

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces