Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

which are you?
  poly
  monogomous
View Results

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:30 pm
I have complete respect for polygamists, but personally, i can't share the person i love. it makes me too jealous. But thats just me, the other side of my relationship seems to be fine with it, and problems ensue.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:13 am
I actually just got a weird sick feeling thinking about not having an monogamous relationship with my love.

Whisper Gently

ElectroPanties

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:35 am
Mono, because I'm devoted to my boyfriend and I have no further need to look for a partner. I just don't look at other men the same way anymore.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:55 am
A few years ago, before I got heavily involved in the arts community as I am now (Where I find polygamy most common, seemingly) I hadn't a thought of polyamory and everything. If I heard polygamy, my thought was one man "owning" plenty of women in a third world corrupt state sort of dillema.

However in the past two years now I've learned a lot about it, and my opinions have grown and shifted with the many different forms of polygamist relationships I have encountered.

I am personally monogamous, simply because I am jealous and I prefer my relationships to be very one on one, very close, and very private. However, I find polygamy to be perfectly acceptable under one single question;
"Are all partners knowing and accepting of this it?"

In this, I find it perfectly acceptable, and that is pretty much it right thar.

I have three prime examples of polygamy, from personal friends I know, just because I find the variety of things interesting and I would like to share.

The first is a friend of mine, whom is in a polygamist relationship with 4 other women. 3 of them (her included) are sexually active, where as two of them have chosen not to be, and it is a non-sexual relationship. However they still all share that bond. My friend is the social butterfly in their relationship, and in a way, ties them all together. She also has a fiancee who is a male (Some of them have exterior couples as well, all involved), and he is accepting of it, and only slightly involved but knows them all well. It is an interesting and effective relationship.

The second is one friend of mine whom has multiple partners. They all know of each other, but it is treated in the way of an open relationship that they may go off and have other escapades or relationships, as long as they're open about it. Her general rule, and I find this an interesting one, is that even though her partners are not relative in any way, if she leaves one she will leave them all. In her eyes it is an equal treatment and should remain as such.

The third is actually crumbling away recently, but nonetheless a good example. Two girls, both friends of mine, both have boyfriends. On a side note both of their boyfriends are long-distance for the time being (Both have met physically multiple times). These two girls had feelings for eachother, and this went on for a while before they both agreed to confront their partners. They agreed that if they knew about it, it was fine. The men, both being heterosexual, have had no interactions and are actually just really good chums.

So there you are, just a few random examples of polygamy in my personal experience for anyone lacking in experience of such.

Once again, it is not for me in the slightest, but that's a perfectlly fine alternative in my opinion.  

SADERR

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:25 am
I'm able to be in long term monogamous or polygamous relationships happily. The majority of my relationships have been monogamous. Although I've had long term polygamous relationships, I've never had a very serious polygamous relationship, not for lack of wanting one, but I've never found the right guy/gal.

I'm a behaviorist as well:

ceilisidhe
Hmmm.....as a behaviorist I've learned monogamy is contrary to human nature. On the other end, however, monogamy is indicative to an attainment of human transcendance into a higher state of mind (however imperfect we/that may be).

I agree that while monogamy is not our natural state, we are also not natural beasts and with a conscious mind we make our own decisions.
So the decision to stay with one human being does create a unique state of being and a unique bond with that individual.
Different than a polygamous relationship, but not necessarily better.

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff