Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Arena]________Fanfiction & Fanart & Original Creations
[Fanfiction]*original* Restless Fixation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you like it?
  Yes. This story was good and should go multi-chapter.
  No. This story was of poor quality and should stay as a oneshot.
View Results

KryingDragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:06 pm
Restless Fixation

It was a hot and humid summer night in Newham, which is a London borough in East London. To be perfectly honest, calling tonight mearly hot and humid was making an understatement. Tonight was more than just that. It was troublesome, first of all.

Whoever thought being rich didn't come with it's hardships, was sorely mistaken. Althought, the term rich, wasn't something I'd ever use when describing my family's wealth. I'm not sure, but I think all that talk about rich people being snobbish, stuck-up, and greedy really got to me. Now I'm stuck with that belief; one that I don't intend on changing any time soon.

You see, the estate that my family owned, also gave us rights of ownership to a lot of other businesses. Here's the thing though, because my mom and dad felt that my siblings and I were mature enough, all of the responsibilities that come with owning the estate went to us.

I had hated the way that they set all of that up though. Number one, was because all of the buttlers and maids felt the need to ask me to do everything! They wouldn't ever take part a task without asking ol' Skye. Oh, no. This was starting to really bug me. It's like I couldn't even go to the john without having a melancholy buttler or maid consult me on how to clean the mansion. It was rather pestering. I mean, who am I, of all people, to tell them what to do. I was only seventeen years old. Not quite the age, I'd say, to run a business. Nevertheless, an estate. I say, what in the name of Sam Hills were mom and dad thinking?!

But I'm getting besides myself here. What I am in now, was what one would truly call a sticky situation. As more businesses opened, more and more shipments came in. Most of these shipments, may I add, were boxes upon boxes of God knows what, that only took up valuable space. All the shipments came in the night, and were transfered to their rightful business in the morning. That's the way things went around here nowadays. I didn't get why the companies just didn't go straight to the businesses themselves and make rounds. In the end, I decided to just let it be and not argue or ask questions.

Now, I'm stuck here, forced to share the same bed with my older brother. While my elder sister and younger brother do the same, but on other side of the room. I had hated the whole ordeal. I've known my brother to do some pretty weird things in his sleep. The worst thing about this, was that now I was actually present to witness all of it.

The first thing he tried to pull on me, was what one would call the "yawn and stretch", except we were both males, and he was in his sleep. I sat up in bed, wide awake. Hot and drenched with perspire. I had been thinking all night. About what? That's really none of your business. I planned on changing my undershirt, so I got up, walked to the dresser and looked for a dry undershirt to wear. When I went back to bed, Phalos was sprawled out on it. I swear, he's a real character.

I couldn't help but laugh to myself. But only just a little, didn't want wake sister up. Cerna must've had supersonic hearing because she had the most strange ability to hear just about every word that came out of my mouth. Even when I was sure she was at least a good hundred meter radius from me. But I suppose that's just another coincidental attribute that came with being a vampire. Her and Felix slept contently in a bed not too far from us. The room was very small, and even the most slightest of noises could wake any sibling so I had to move, as well as speak, very quietly.

I gently tapped my brother's shoulders. He just kind of groaned and went back to sleep. I started to get agitated, so I shook him harder and whispered in his ear.

"Phalos, Phalos! Scoot over, I want to sleep!" I watched him move over, then he sat up. Wide awake as I had been before I got out of bed.

I hopped in bed next to him. He didn't seem like he was going to cause me any trouble so I said, "Good night", and laid down. But much like how Eve had eaten the apple from the Tree of Good and Evil, I was wrong.

Just as I was about to lay down, my brother grabbed my waist and held on tightly. I tried to escape, without having to shout at him, but doing both was proving to be exceedingly difficult. He just nonchalantly looked at me struggling, as if to say, calm down, and stop moving. Eventually, I did. But not without a few words first.

"Brother, WHAT do you want", I said in a dangerously cold tone. He just looked at me and half-smiled, as if he even could. I should've known better than that, though. Trying to taunt my older brother. I have learned, a long time ago, that antagonisms and insultations don't work on my brother. Unlike humans, which seem to take everything on a personal level, but I guess that was just in their nature and I hold no offense on them for it.

"Brother, let go", I shouted. "I want to go to sleep! I need my rest."

"Then why were you awake before I got up?"

"Before you got up...?" I only just then realized that he wasn't sleeping in the first place.

"Phalos! You weren't even sleeping." I took a pillow and tossed it at his head. He just let it bounce off and continued to look at me.

I sighed. My brother was hopeless. Only he'd stay awake just to see what a person would before they went to bed. Phalos was just weird like that I suppose. But he wasn't strange for the wrong reasons. No sir. He was actually very sweet and caring....just, peculiar. But aside from his obvious oddities, he was a great brother and a wonderful person to behold. I love him very---

"What were thinking, Skye?"

I loose my train of thought and look up at him. He just stares back at me with his haggard, dormant eyes. He's seems almost distant to me. Robotic, in a sense.

"Brother, are you feeling alright? You've done nothing but stare at me for the past ten munutes." He rubs my head to check if I may be running a fever.

"No. Not a fever."

"Sorry, brother. I was just thinking."

"You think too much. You'd be a lot cuter if you thought less. Like Fel--"

"No, I wouldn't! Felix is a weirdo, and STOP SAYING THAT!! Do you know how embarassing it is for me when he tells me things like that! When an older sibling tells his younger one that he'd look better if he were to discontinue his thoughts, and maybe end uplooking like his younger one. Yes, this seemingly trivial thing annoys me.

"I'm sorry, brother." After apologizing, he placed a soft kiss on my forehead. I just looked at him.

"It's okay. Can we PLEASE go to sleep now??"

"To be honest, I'm not exactly tired, but sure."

He released my waist from iron tight grip and we both laid down onto the bed again. My body still felt like it had weight on it and looked on my side to find my brother's arm lying on my waist.

"Phalos, get your arm off me", I whispered. He just opened an eye stared at me.

"Seriously, get it--"

"Oh, brother, you worry to much."

Then, he promptly took my chin in his hands, turned my head slightly around, and kissed my on my lips. Only, this time, I didn't just stare at him, dumbfounded. I kissed right back. Almost, as if I had done it many times before, which I didn't. The thing is, it felt so natural. Kissing my brother like that.

"I love you, my aggravated rose violet."

"What."

"I said, I love you, silly", my brother repeated and kissed my cheek.

"I didn't want to say this, but I think I love you too, brother." My brother attempted a half-smile. I just stared into his metallic silver eyes. I'm not even sure if any of my siblings; including myself; knew how to smile. Well, except for Felix, who seemed to never stop smiling. I mean, what in hell could that boy possibly be happy about, every passing hour of the day!

We laid back down; my brother's arm slinged over my body, holding me close to himself, his face buried in my long ebony coloured hair. Although, my brother appeared to be very restless, tonight, he was definately tired and it wasn't long before he was contently sound asleep.

I looked at Cerna and Felix, who were already both sleeping soundly. They seemed so happy, content in each other's arms. I turned to face my brother, and out of possible reflex, my brother wrapped both his arms around my body.

He then mumbled something that sounded like, "I love you." Although, he couldn't smile, in order to tell me he was happy, the gesture he made had happiness written all over it.

"I know I love you, brother. I do."

For the first time in many, many years of unhappy nights, I actually slept with a smile on my face; one that I don't intend on removing any time soon.

~End

Thank you very much for reading 3nodding I would first like to say, that I hope you all liked it. There is a prolouge that goes with this story that I'm working on, so that it's easier to understand the plot better, should I ever continue this, but I don't think that will be needed if none of you even like the story, now will it?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:34 am
Its a good start, but i think you need to work on it more, the way you wrote the story is kinda weird, like HOW your telling it, its like hes just ranting to someone, which isnt realy a great way to write it. he also kinda sounds like an anoying little brat who always gets his way at the beging of your story, im not shure if you ment it like that or not, its like hes just complaning and venting at some random person and its not how someone would actualy talk or write something so it sounds kind of ackward.

also, if there rich, why do all the children have to shre one room and two beds? it dosnt realy make scence.

"Good night", and laid down. But much like how Eve had eaten the apple from the Tree of Good and Evil, I was wrong. ----useing a comparison like that in a story is good, but what you comapared it to didnt realy have anthing to do with anything, its just some random thing and disrupts the flow, you should use a comparison more alike with your story or else explane better in your story why you chose that spicific comparison to use....if that made any scence at all...im not shure i undersude what i wrote there..0_o...

also, you should proof read the whole thing because there are some missing words and sylibles scatered about.

all in all though, its definentily a good start sweatdrop  

o0_Silent_Tears_0o

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:24 am
I liked the lines of it. But things were unclear. Are they vampires or not. Are they different yes, and why are the parents in it when it's about siblings. Listen I know I hate saying this but I can't picture the room. There is a lack of description. I don't know what Felix or Phalos or even the character you play look like. The perspective would be better if it was written from a witnessed spot. Like a story teller. I foudn some gramatical errors but I'm not big on that and Though I like the little bit of sarcasim I think the maybe there should be a continuation of comic relief. You layered one personality greatly and the other halfway. I like it and I hop you continue. You have been commented on by me! I am sure it will become a wonderful story.  
[The Arena]________Fanfiction & Fanart & Original Creations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games