Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Witches Weekly--Updated July 15th, seriously. -- old topic Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:44 pm
Nuri
What deity has the most influence in your life? Do you not pray to a specific deity? If so, explain your beliefs.

The Egyptian (or Kemetic) goddess Aset. I've been honoring her for about a year (or two?). She's the one who lead me to Kemetic Orthodoxy, which I've learned a lot from. I always have an image of her as a fierce mother. I think she's been described as "hitting you over the head with a spiritual two by four." Yeah, that definately describes Aset.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:55 am
What deity has the most influence in your life? Do you not pray to a specific deity? If so, explain your beliefs.

Odin, definitely. He brought me to Asatru in a vision, and I spent years trailing after him picking up crumbs. When I took part in an Egyptian afterlife vision quest, he was the one who pulled me out of participation and left me to watch. I am very Odinnic in my approach to things and my attitude, though people often seem to miss it. In my Kindred, I'm the quietest Odinsdottir, and the side of him I'm drawn to is the mystical, runic side - not he of spear and battle.

I endure a decent amount of double takes from neo-pagans (and even some Asatruar) who ask who my matron is, because I don't have one. The second god I'm closest to is Loki. After that, shows up the first goddess - Saga. Even there, the ties are through Odin very strongly.

I make he and Loki semi-frequent offerings. I'f I'm drinking alone, I will often pour glasses for both of them. When I was in Germany, I did a very subtle Blot with the first beer I had there.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Annalixa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:36 am
I have a hard time believing in any deity. The one who was in my life the longest (raised Christian, of course) would be YHWH. But there was never any kind of relationship there; I did not really experience him in my life. But other people do, so that's okay.

It seems to me that deities work in such subtle energy that I can't pick up on it. It's hard for me to differentiate between my own imagination and actual outside messages.

However, in developing my own sort of path, I have become more and more drawn to Dionysus (or maybe that's because I'm a college student wink ). I don't know if there is something (someone?) calling me, or if I'm attracted of my own accord.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:59 am
Nuri

The Amesha (for simplicities sake, agents) of Anhur and Ahrimann both have trucked with me... and while I prefer Anhur's court... my obsession with secrecy and mysteries more often leads me into consultation with Ahrimann's. This balancing act of intimacies defined me as a person for quite sometime... But not so much now. In all honesty, the god that has the most influence over my day to day life is the Genus Loci of my woods. But that influence is fairly limited.

As far as praying... I rarely do that.
The divinities I am concerned with have far more important things to do than be pestered by me.
However, I will take active steps to keep reasonable local entities, especially if I am travelling, appeased.
I am more likely to offer a prayer (if it is appropriate and revealed) to the gods of my host than my own. Mostly because my gods and their agents are busy, and I am loathe to bother them. And honestly, it strikes me as good manners. A god worthy of respect is worthy of respect. Furthermore, if they are doing good turns for my friends, then I appreciate that. There are exceptions to this rule, but they are uncommon and often the result of misunderstanding.

As far as explaining my beliefs...
My thread in the pathways is almost done...
However, I am having trouble explaining with words a few bits...
sweatdrop  

Fiddlers Green

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:40 am
Nuri

I would not use the word pray, I would say interact with, converse, argue, b***h at/with.

She is the 'Great Queen' of this land, a Goddess of passion and has been with me for a over 1/2 my life at this stage.

I am bonded to Her by Blade and Blood and would not be alive with our pacts.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:07 pm
Tea and I are redoing the Witches Weekly. I will have a new sticky topic and questions starting very very soon.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas