Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
United Kingdom and the Middle East.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:05 am
The UK is being very much involved in difficulties in the Middle East, in Iraq and Afghanistan and now potentially in Iran and Lebanon.

We have a tradition of action in the Middle East (Mesopotamian Campaign, Afghanistan, Sinai and Palestine Campaign..etc) but in the current political climate, is it really that wise to continue with it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:07 am
It all seems a bit futile really.

I think we should back off and let them fight it out. As long as the governments aren't too opressive they should just be left alone to establish some sort of order between themselves, afterall, thats what Europe, Asia and the Americas have done.

and_solo_said

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:25 am
Except the US has never been "lassiez-faire" with the Middle East. Unless you consider arming Israel to the teeth and vetoing UNSC action against the country as "hands off".]

If you let the Middle East sort itself out then it might be very messy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:13 pm
A Lost Iguana
Except the US has never been "lassiez-faire" with the Middle East. Unless you consider arming Israel to the teeth and vetoing UNSC action against the country as "hands off".]

Its none too clean when we step in.  

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:19 am
A Lost Iguana

We've tried to sort it out already, if they don't want us to try again then we shouldn't - unless it starts to get in our way.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:36 am
We've been messing about with it for ages. I can't help but think we chose the wrong place to create the state of Israel. neutral  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:13 pm
A Lost Iguana
We've been messing about with it for ages. I can't help but think we chose the wrong place to create the state of Israel. neutral

We only created it so we could have rockets.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:24 am
I personnally think we should leave them alone, but that might not be best, especially if another Saddam comes along. I think that we shouldn't make them hate us because if they do get nuclear power then they can use it against us, and I for one, do not want to be blown to smitherines or die from radiation.  

Emmanuela

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:04 am
and_solo_said
A Lost Iguana

We only created it so we could have rockets.

...?

We'd had rockets for centuries by then.

neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:06 pm
and_solo_said
A Lost Iguana

Its none too clean when we step in.

It's not exactly clean no matter who steps in. It was screwed up, sure. I think it went way past 'screwed up' once the US got involved rolleyes
It seems to be a trend.

**Speculations Whilst Writing**
Hmmm...
What gives any of us the right to step into the middle of another government? Sure, I'd get pissed off if the country I was a leader of had some extremist group fly an aeroplane into one of my skyscrapers, but after that issue has been dealt with, I'd back away and admit my mistakes. Not compound them by waging full-fledged war and getting more people killed.  

Dedale

The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games