Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Anime, Manga, Cartoons, and Games.
STOP KILLING WIKIPEDIA D:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold.
  OMFG YAY!
View Results

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:54 pm
YA RLY, funny story. I go to Wiki whenever I'm bored and look random stuff up. Well, today, I went to FMA's Wiki (of course) and browsed around. There are very detailed, informative descriptions of characters, which I like.

Now, as you may know, Wikipedia allows anybody to edit their entires. I do so from time, but mainly to correct spelling errors and the like. But today I go in and looks at some factoids about Ed, and get assulted with this:

"In the anime, it is hard to figure out that Ed loves Winry, but in the manga, it is pretty obvious of their affections and love. (You can still tell in the anime, it's just harder)"

And

"Some people think it could've been Al and Winry, but a strong bond between Ed and Winry, cannot be broken"

There are more, but anyway.

People people people. Don't hack at stuff like that. If I wanted to hear about EdWin crud, I'd go to a fansite, NOT Wikipedia.

So, what did I do?

My edits:

I underlined what I put.

"Some people think it could've been Al and Winry, but a strong bond between Ed and Winry, cannot be broken, according to hardcore Ed x Winry fans."

(You can still tell in the anime, it's just harder; though it seems more like a brother-sister relationship more than anything).

So, anyway. To get to my point.

Have you ever come across stuff like this and just wanted to edit it so badly, because it just didn't belong?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:40 pm
o.o Not really. Because how your saying it is that something that dosn't belong. The world dosnt revolve around you and be what you think it must be. It's what other people think just because you don't think that it dosn't mean it dosn't belong.  

Lurkerkiller
Vice Captain

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:38 pm
I love reading those things! heart It's so incredibly funny to look at the little things they leave sometimes in the most inconspicuous of places that they'd never think you'd actually read...I can't really say I know of any off of the top of my head, but I know I've seen 'em.

I don't edit them, as I don't have an account and I really don't feel it to be my job.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:35 pm
Lurkerkiller
o.o Not really. Because how your saying it is that something that dosn't belong. The world dosnt revolve around you and be what you think it must be. It's what other people think just because you don't think that it dosn't mean it dosn't belong.
o_o...

I never said the world revolved around me.

Perhaps I worded it wrong.

I just feel, as a website that is used to inform people new to the series and stuff like that, that it really isn't needed to include stuff from pure fandom. Ed x Winry is not truely canon to the series, and throwing that into something where they explain things that ACTUALLY DO pertain to the series screws things up, if you ask me.

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:37 pm
Marshall Angora
I love reading those things! heart It's so incredibly funny to look at the little things they leave sometimes in the most inconspicuous of places that they'd never think you'd actually read...I can't really say I know of any off of the top of my head, but I know I've seen 'em.

I don't edit them, as I don't have an account and I really don't feel it to be my job.
*claps* Thank you. That's an answer I wanted.

But, you don't need an account over at Wiki to edit. It's free to edit to anyone. But your IP is recorded if you don't make an account, and you edit something.

Anime, Manga, Cartoons, and Games.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games