Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Magic anyone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dorian Requiem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:29 pm
Ok...hoping that people will continue to post...(Wiccan related names will probly be used from now on for easiest reference)

Sacred space.

How do you go about creating it, do you use you finger or a wand and walk in a circle three times doing a Wiccan chant? Do you use smudging (burning a herb bundle or incense and wafting it in a general area) to cleanse the area? Or are you one of those people who cast the circle in their head, or uses their 'inner temple' instead of creating sacred space outside. Do you even bother with it?

Subjects to come, meditation, and veiws on the '3 fold' rule for casting magic.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:59 pm
Im actually Pegan.

I mostly practice in Barriers and other Protection spells.

I do some meditation on Full Harvest Moons too to see what I can see.

Although, the barrier I have in my room kinda messes up my digi camera.

I have a this magnetic like field in my room.

It blurs spirits' vision.

They always liked to watch me get dress and sleep.

o_O Made me nervous.

Other things I specialize are hexes.

I try not to use Hexes 'fore I beleve It will come back to me 6x worse.  

Hitara the Brave

..Luaxanna..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:14 pm
I'm not really a Wiccan, though I've done a little studying. I can't say that I ever will be. However, I'm definately into magic(k?) and I just love the whole idea of it.

I'm thinking that when I'm out of the house in several years I'll start practicing it with more enthusiasm, but I don't want to limit myself to any religious restraints, however few Wicca may have. It's a very flexible religion and practice, depending on what path you choose to follow. I have a great amount of respect for anyone who is truly into the study and practice.

Anyhow, considering my lack of resources and time when I'm not being watched like I'm on parole, I generally don't take the time to cast a physical circle in which to practice magic. I think that as long as you can do whatever it is you're doing inside your mind, that's the important part. For instance, in my attempts at astral travel (I'm damn close!) I never cast the circle. I find that you merely have to be in the right mindset. I do, however, love doing rituals and incantations, though I try never to limit myself to a formula someone else came up with. If I do use objects and words in a spell-casting type situation, it's almost always spontanius. I think that if something is scripted it can't be from the heart. I think that most planning should be done in the moment, when you are truly enveloped in your cause for drawing on magical energy.

Ah, before your ears start bleeding I'll just stop where I am.
^^;

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:22 pm
..Luaxanna..
I'm not really a Wiccan, though I've done a little studying. I can't say that I ever will be. However, I'm definately into magic(k?) and I just love the whole idea of it.

I'm thinking that when I'm out of the house in several years I'll start practicing it with more enthusiasm, but I don't want to limit myself to any religious restraints, however few Wicca may have. It's a very flexible religion and practice, depending on what path you choose to follow. I have a great amount of respect for anyone who is truly into the study and practice.

Anyhow, considering my lack of resources and time when I'm not being watched like I'm on parole, I generally don't take the time to cast a physical circle in which to practice magic. I think that as long as you can do whatever it is you're doing inside your mind, that's the important part. For instance, in my attempts at astral travel (I'm damn close!) I never cast the circle. I find that you merely have to be in the right mindset. I do, however, love doing rituals and incantations, though I try never to limit myself to a formula someone else came up with. If I do use objects and words in a spell-casting type situation, it's almost always spontanius. I think that if something is scripted it can't be from the heart. I think that most planning should be done in the moment, when you are truly enveloped in your cause for drawing on magical energy.

Ah, before your ears start bleeding I'll just stop where I am.
^^;

I never had to use a circle or anything.

My grandfather just kinda pulled me outta my body one night.

Ever since then, I've been able to freely wonder both this world and his and the same time.

Its really odd.

Some people are like "OMG!!! HOW CAN YOU DO THAT?"

I reply: How the hell should I know? Im just special like that.

My grandfather dosen't talk to me anymore sadly enough. He'll talk to me once in a while, but only to tell me how my dad has changed so much since he's married my stepmom.

Which he has, and I hate both my Stepmom and my Dad.  

Hitara the Brave

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:44 pm
Personally I've always found the threefold law to be a bunch of crap.
Magic and witchcraft origionated with selfish intent. This included harming your enemies, or perceived enemies. The threefold law is a newer creation, something of the gardenian eara. (Not saying it was him, but I'd bet money that it's under 100 years old. Probably under 60.)

Also, to note, it's never affected me in any way. I think it depends on the caster. If you think something's going to happen, it will. That's what most magic and witchcraft is anyways. It's simply beleif, focused intent. There need not be Gods or Goddesses or natural spirits for it to work. It's pretty much all in your head. The human mind is more powerful that we give it credit for most of the time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:50 pm
UnholyDarkness
I never had to use a circle or anything.

My grandfather just kinda pulled me outta my body one night.

Ever since then, I've been able to freely wonder both this world and his and the same time.

Its really odd.

Some people are like "OMG!!! HOW CAN YOU DO THAT?"

I reply: How the hell should I know? Im just special like that.

My grandfather dosen't talk to me anymore sadly enough. He'll talk to me once in a while, but only to tell me how my dad has changed so much since he's married my stepmom.

Which he has, and I hate both my Stepmom and my Dad.
You're pretty lucky that it just happened to you. I've been interested in astral travel for a while, but it's never happened naturally.
So far I've always had to concentrate very hard, and even then I never get fully out all the way. It's very draining for me, and it gets frustrating, but I'm determined. Hopefully once I get out once it'll get easier.

I think the closest thing I've had to being outside my body is when I get really sick and feverish, and I start hallucinating. It's generally very painful, mentally so almost to the point of me being in physical pain. I have a feeling it's got something to do with being stuck in between being awake and when your subconscious is outside of your body when you dream. It happens when I wake up in the middle of the night, but it's like I'm still dreaming and can't get it to go away. I can never remember what goes on either, but it's a lot of voices and they talk about things I don't understand, but I seem to be involved in it. They could be other spirits or that sort of thing, but then again it might be things in my head.

Ah, and my mom has been exactly the same since she married my stepdad. What I mean to say is, she was always this bad, and now that she's found someone exactly the same as her it's twice as bloody nuts for me to deal with them both. I don't hate them, but they drive me crazy a lot of the time and I just don't agree with them.

I think I type too much when it gets this late...

..Luaxanna..

..Luaxanna..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:56 pm
DieiNoctis
Magic and witchcraft origionated with selfish intent. This included harming your enemies, or perceived enemies. The threefold law is a newer creation, something of the gardenian eara. (Not saying it was him, but I'd bet money that it's under 100 years old. Probably under 60.)

Also, to note, it's never affected me in any way. I think it depends on the caster. If you think something's going to happen, it will. That's what most magic and witchcraft is anyways. It's simply beleif, focused intent. There need not be Gods or Goddesses or natural spirits for it to work. It's pretty much all in your head. The human mind is more powerful that we give it credit for most of the time.
There we go, the Gardenian thing. He started a lot of things that witches and magical practitioners take to be almost law. I don't know much of it, but I certainly agree that to an extent the threefold law can be taken or left. Since magic is mostly in the persons mind, regardless of whether or not certain people request the assistance of spirits in thier direction if intent, I think that inflicting harm may well be a natural use of magic just like using it for your own benefit. Our minds are defiately not lacking in malice, so if that's what you use it for, it's pretty natural. Besides, if you use magic to get that promotion at work, it may indirectly cause harm to someone else because they might be fired in order for you to get the job. So no matter your intent, it may well be inavoidable. So the threefold law might just be there to keep some people's morals in check? I dunno...

I have a feeling I'm not making too much sense tonight...mostly rambling...
It all makes sense to me...?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:58 pm
..Luaxanna..
DieiNoctis

There we go, the Gardenian thing. He started a lot of things that witches and magical practitioners take to be almost law. I don't know much of it, but I certainly agree that to an extent the threefold law can be taken or left. Since magic is mostly in the persons mind, regardless of whether or not certain people request the assistance of spirits in thier direction if intent, I think that inflicting harm may well be a natural use of magic just like using it for your own benefit. Our minds are defiately not lacking in malice, so if that's what you use it for, it's pretty natural. Besides, if you use magic to get that promotion at work, it may indirectly cause harm to someone else because they might be fired in order for you to get the job. So no matter your intent, it may well be inavoidable. So the threefold law might just be there to keep some people's morals in check? I dunno...

I have a feeling I'm not making too much sense tonight...mostly rambling...
It all makes sense to me...?

I'll admit, I've used magic for my own personal benefit.

My dad pissed me off one day, I did a spell and he broke the rear window of the truck.

I was sooo happy when he came in pissed.  

Hitara the Brave

..Luaxanna..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:11 pm
UnholyDarkness
I'll admit, I've used magic for my own personal benefit.

My dad pissed me off one day, I did a spell and he broke the rear window of the truck.

I was sooo happy when he came in pissed.
Haha, there's nothing wrong with using it for your own benefit...I mean, what else are you gonna use it for? The threefold law only applys when your own benefit involves harming other people, I'm assuming. But I don't really care...

Just a little while ago, my mom accused me of scratching a pentagram into the wood on part of our deck, when it was really just a swirly design that slightly resembled those stars you drew in kindergarden that was made by the power-washer when she was washing all the green mossy stuff off the wood. When I finally looked at it, I showed her that it was in no way possible for me to reach my hand partly under a step and scratch away that much green mossy stuff away in lines the width of my finger. She was like..."Oh...okay then."
Then there was the time she accused me of putting some sort of spell on our house to make it not sell. I told her that first of all, I don't even know how to do that, secondly I'm impartial as to whether the house does or does not sell since it's not my house and it's not like we'd move back if it didn't since she already, duh, married, and third of all, since she might get me an iPod with some of the extra money if the house sells before Christmas, why would I want it not to sell if it would indirectly benefit me if it did? Turns out it was just priced a little too high and the internet company we had it listed with wasn't showing it enough because they had a picture of the house next door on the listing instead of ours.

Of course, blame the kid that's into magic.
[/long winded ramblings]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:44 am
I have more of an empathy skill, others emotions I can sense with ease, however if I am not careful and thier emotion is strong it can drown me in a sense and I end up feeling the exact same way they do. At first I couldnt explain it but if somebody felt an extreme hatred towards somebody and I wasnt focused then I would hate the exact same person even if I dont know who they are. My mother helped me keep this gift under control, she isnt a normal mom. She is more gothic than I am. Her personal library would scare normal people. Books on every kind of religion out there even the "evil" ones. She is the reason I became a goth.

Believe it or not I think this has been my longest post....sad....

Lord Blade Icestorm

DR490N

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:28 am
i practise magick. i've actually just created my first spell. a protection one.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:07 am
I have long studied simple magic(k). Astral projection is no easy task for me, however, I can do it. I have also moved small objects in my room. This is not magic(k), but what most woiuld call "telekinesis". I recieved a guide on the internet from an old friend. It has been saved on my favorites list ever since...  

Argetlam13

Shirtless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200

Xyercies Uhtred Ragnar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:18 am
The name is Xyercies, it my pagan name. My real name will be changed to it in a few months hopfully.

theoreticly. Being wiccan doesnt make you a practicianer of magick. Also - UnholyDarkness - the term is Pagan, not pegan. And as far as your astral projection goes, you should look into it more. if you don't even know how you do it, then theres alot of thing which could go wrong one of these times.

I'm Pagan - basicly a mix of Druidism, Wiccanism, and a bit of Norse dieties.

Dorian Requiem - your treading on some very experienced soil by looking into shamanism and the Darker magick. Which means you have to have pretty impressive abilities in your specific area of magicks. I'm glad to know that theres an elder of magick in this guild.

DieiNoctis - Magick and witch craft wasnt created out of selfish intent. It WAS created to protect and be a useful tool in everyday life to aid and abide the laws of physics. But it was those of currupt mind who used it unwisely, which gave other magick users the impression of "evil wizards" or "warlocks". None of the magick was ever created to do harm or damage; those spells and rituals were'nt created untill much later on.

Most of the magick that was around first orginated from the celtic area where druidism began. Pagan wasn't used as a term for those of magickal decent untill much later. For at the time "Pagan" was a term used along with "Goth", by the roman catholics and christains to describe the Ostro Goths and Visi Goths. Who did eventually go to rome and take it over, and over time setteled there, but were pushed out again later on.

Now days, the term Pagan, is used to describe a practicianer of religion which doesnt asscociate with "God" or "Christ". WHO, i might point out, wasn't white, contrary to popular belife. Wiccans decended, primarily in the years following the 1950's. For all accounts of Paganism back then were pretty much kept underwraps, due to the mobility of a angry crowd of christains trying to "root out evil". Wiccanism is a smaller version of what most call paganism. But Wiccanism in itself is quite large.

"Wicca is a Neopagan religion found in many different countries, though most commonly in English-speaking cultures. Wicca was first publicised in 1954 by a British civil servant and Co-Freemason named Gerald Gardner after the British Witchcraft Act was repealed. He claimed that the religion, of which he was an initiate, was a modern survival of an old witch cult, which had existed in secret for hundreds of years, originating in the pre-Christian Paganism of Europe. Wicca is thus sometimes referred to as the Old Religion. The veracity of Gardner's claims cannot be independently proven, and it is thought that much, if not all, of Wiccan theology was established no earlier than the 1920s. Since its founding, various related Wiccan traditions have evolved, or been adapted from, the form established by Gardner, which came to be called Gardnerian Wicca. These other traditions of Wicca each have specific beliefs, rituals, and practices. Most traditions of Wicca remain secretive and require members to be initiated. However, there is a growing movement of Eclectic or Solitary Wiccans who adhere to the religion but do not believe a traditional initiation is necessary."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:21 pm
im a wiccan and ex-shadow servent aka i lived in the binds of the shadow a spirit of hate demise and suffering if u dont beleave me tats ok cause its hard to beleave i must admit ask away for more info on this almost forbiten yet forgoten style of the dark arts  

darkrock64

darkrock64

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:24 pm
darkrock64
im a wiccan and ex-shadow servent aka i lived in the binds of the shadow a spirit of hate demise and suffering if u dont beleave me tats ok cause its hard to beleave i must admit ask away for more info on this almost forbiten yet forgoten style of the dark arts

well the black magic i used to do wasnt really magic it was more like a dark skill givin to me at a young age but i no longer use it and follow as many air baged wiccan and pagan spells and technics as i can.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff