Ick

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jonathan_McCim
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:07 am
Yes yes, I know how to treat it, and I've got my meds and that sort of stuff, but I'd like to know why everytime I get an outbreak, while most of th fish get it, pretty evenly, my Bala's always die. I mean always too... I've have had them up to about four or five inches in my tank, but no matter what, if I get an ick outbreak, they die, while none of my others do... I remember we have one member who loved bala's... Was it you Meta? Could anyone shed a little light why my Bala's seem so weak against ick?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:43 pm
From what I know about balas....they are easily stressed. Although I'm not sure if the extra stress from the Ick is the cause of the death, it could be a factor. But then again, I'm not a bala expert. xp  

BluDragon35
Vice Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Jonathan_McCim
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:47 pm
Good point, I'll keep it in mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:24 pm
As a general rule, or so I heard from customers, the second anything goes wrong in the tank, the balas go first. I've heard of people changing water, adding decholorinator and only losing the balas. I take that to mean that they don't adjust to anything well. I assume the same is true for stress/illness.  

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

Jonathan_McCim
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:48 pm
Alright that means it isn't just me, but what about why? Has anyone discovered why they can't take the stress? Is it because they are such a frail fish, because I've never seen a hardy Bala, except for this one thirteen inch one...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:28 pm
Jonathan_McCim
Alright that means it isn't just me, but what about why? Has anyone discovered why they can't take the stress? Is it because they are such a frail fish, because I've never seen a hardy Bala, except for this one thirteen inch one...
All I've got is balas, angelfish and neon tetras are just not fish you want in a tank where anything goes wrong. Probably just constition or, since they're so popular, genetically weak from overbreeding?  

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces