Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
The Gloominati ((updated! Now we have a song))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of us?
  Hey, I like it a lot!
  Hmmm..... its not bad.
  It has potential.
  I dont like it so much.....
  It sucks.
View Results

Almarea Morilinde

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:17 pm
Heh heh..... I'm in a band now.... we are in the infant stages. We have a myspace.... but none of the songs are completed and the only one with vocals is a live one that isnt too good and that does not have keyboard or bass or drums. If you guys could give us your support, that would be great. Suggestions, critique, anything. We lack a bassist and we are using a drum machine..... We are attempting to be industrial, but alas we come off as techno! xd

Our myspace is:

myspace.com/thegloominatiorder

Thanks a lot.

UPDATE: We have added a song that has guitar and vocals, "Intentions". Listen to it and give me your feedback! Thanks a bunch!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:39 pm
I'm not going to be too rough since this is all new stuff for you, but I'm giving you my honest opinion.

The first song was the best out of all of them. Razorblades and something or other. But even so, it wasn't great.

The second song, the one with the vocals, one word: Yuck.

I'm sorry but the vocals were horrid. I don't know if it's just due to it being live - in which case I'd recommend honing of the voice skills or never playing a live show - but it just sounded like a bad attempt at singing like Ville Valo.

The third song I wasn't much of a fan of either.

So far it seems like you guys do have the potential to be a good techno group. No vocals, just beats. The very first song has some real potential for that. But if you don't want to change the direction of your aim, then I suggest a lot of work.

MortSanglant

Almarea Morilinde

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:06 pm
MortSanglant
I'm not going to be too rough since this is all new stuff for you, but I'm giving you my honest opinion.

The first song was the best out of all of them. Razorblades and something or other. But even so, it wasn't great.

The second song, the one with the vocals, one word: Yuck.

I'm sorry but the vocals were horrid. I don't know if it's just due to it being live - in which case I'd recommend honing of the voice skills or never playing a live show - but it just sounded like a bad attempt at singing like Ville Valo.

The third song I wasn't much of a fan of either.

So far it seems like you guys do have the potential to be a good techno group. No vocals, just beats. The very first song has some real potential for that. But if you don't want to change the direction of your aim, then I suggest a lot of work.
Ah, thank you. We're working on it. We did the songs in like...... one night! xp If you wish to check back in awhile, we're gonna put better music on. We have a couple songs, but they're not quite completed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:21 pm
bumping it up.  

Almarea Morilinde

Almarea Morilinde

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:14 am
Just bumping this up, 'cause I updated it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:33 pm
boooooo!!!! XD sorry... I had to... I really did.  

Hanalulu man

Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff