yes but none of these
  no
View Results

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:01 pm
ok i will keep that in mid and.....Harbone that did actually sort of make sense
newford,newport,portland...i see where you got confused sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:57 am
I've only read his Wolf Moon, and I liked it.  

Rabid Nozomi

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:08 pm
I loved The Blue Girl. I tried reading one of his other books, but I stopped partway through because I wasn't familiar with any of the characters and the book seemed to assume that you had background knowledge of them. I have a couple of his books, a short novel and a collection of short stories (I can't remember the titles, but I do know that they both have "Dream" in the title), but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I'd really like to because urban fantasy is a genre I'd like to explore more.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:14 pm
its best if you read his authors notes because sometimes he may say this is a sequal to this. but he doesnt openly state anything or it may just be the way he writes....what was the title of the book?  

laaalalalalalalalalas

Harbone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:42 pm
solarfacade
I loved The Blue Girl. I tried reading one of his other books, but I stopped partway through because I wasn't familiar with any of the characters and the book seemed to assume that you had background knowledge of them. I have a couple of his books, a short novel and a collection of short stories (I can't remember the titles, but I do know that they both have "Dream" in the title), but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I'd really like to because urban fantasy is a genre I'd like to explore more.

I particularly enjoyed "Jack the Giant-Killer" which you can probably get as a cheap used paperback publishedas "Jack of Kinrowan." That's straight up urban fantasy, there, and the characters are all introduced in "Jack the Giant-Killer."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:58 pm
i will read it....but right now i have a VERY thick book that im probably going to finish by tomorrow^_^ i love big books they just look so promising somehow....but i like small ones too....im non discriminatory about book size(i usually get big books because my dad says the smaller ones are below my age level*sigh* silly father)  

laaalalalalalalalalas

elmon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:58 am
I just loved Charles de Lint's Spirits in the Wires. It's real urban fantasy, a whole new world dying to be explored on the internet. Spirits have started to find a habitat in the internet, but things get messy when a virus is sent to a powerful spirit, who resides withing a website known as the Wordwood.

By the way, it's not Charles DeLint, it's Charles De Lint, I can know because I'm Dutch.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:07 pm
I enjoy his books when I want to read something that is more of a behind the scenes fantasy.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Celestiara

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:14 pm
Ladyknight1991
i first discovered him because of a book called blue girl which is total;ly KICKASS if i do say so myself(and i do! whee ) but today i just finished reading another book of his called onion girl which was fantastic! but for an older age level...or not very innocent highschoolers but some of the material in there is very....uuuh....dirty sweatdrop ...nonetheless it is a very good book!next one im reading is called Widdershins cant wait whee

The first book of his I read was called "Into the Green" I think. I didn't get to finish it because it was due, and then it was never in again. Grr.
I read "The Blue Girl" second, and it's one of my favorite teen novels.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:58 pm
The only thing I've read by him is Wolf Moon, and I didn't enjoy it all that much. It was an original werewolf novel, but just because it was unique didn't make it interesting. At some point I plan on reading The Riddle of the Wren and The Onion Girl because they look like they'll be better. After all, Phillippa Gregory is one of my favourite authors and I don't like all of her novels. A friend of mine read The Blue Girl and loved it.  

Minerva the Whore 4 Books

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:12 pm
Minerva the Whore 4 Books
The only thing I've read by him is Wolf Moon, and I didn't enjoy it all that much. It was an original werewolf novel, but just because it was unique didn't make it interesting. At some point I plan on reading The Riddle of the Wren and The Onion Girl because they look like they'll be better. After all, Phillippa Gregory is one of my favourite authors and I don't like all of her novels. A friend of mine read The Blue Girl and loved it.

The Riddle of the Wren is really good, in my opinion. It's the only book by de Lint that I've read, and it's definitely worth the read.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:18 pm
Blue Girl was amazing. There was a part in the middle that I thought was a bit dry, but after that I was blown away. Charles deLint is amazing and creative.  

arugala

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:47 pm
so basically charles De Lint is amazing  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items