Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Return to the Labyrinth][Manga] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blackwhiteandsilver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:41 pm
Uuggh, the story killed me.

For one, Sarah's stepmom was never an evil witch. Ever. The whole point was that Sarah began the film as a melodramatic, self-pitying girl.

For two, why would a 30-something year old Sarah look like a teen with slight scene tendancies?

For three...Labyrinth faeries were wispy and ethereal, and they most certainly didn't have tits popping out.

God, I wanted to cry. The art, the story, everything was pure horror.

The only part I liked was Hoggle--he really did become Prince of the Land of Stench! xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:42 pm
Aerine Lillet
No you won't guys. I'm srerious. That Alichino person did covert art...and ONLY that. The inside art is not only ugly in comparision to the cover art...it's really, really poor, period.

Ugh... That's so disappointing to hear. I hate when they do a bait and switch like that. It's something that eventually turned me off to American comic books - really wonderful artist does the cover, then shitty artist does the insides.  

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:41 am
Well.. I saw Labyrinth when I was like, eight. It creeped me out and I didn't like it much, so I'm taking the manga on its own merits rather than considering it a real sequel.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:22 pm
Sheard: Yeah, I hate that too. I'd be especially pissed if I wasted my ten bucks on it, thank God the libary had it. (And I peek inside the books, besides.)

Skizzor: True, but even if this wasn't a sequel, it's still a very, very poor story. It's bland and doesn't really go anywhere, and the art is like.....bowel crunchingly bad.  

blackwhiteandsilver

Auxra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:29 pm
To think that the goblin king wanted to name Tobi after himself... ^-^; lol.
And yes, the manga's disappointing...personally, I think that the manga cover artist should've just done the manga...even if it had taken a long time. (almost killed my fan admiration for Labyrinth, when I read it)

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games