Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The British... Abroad! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver_Tinkerbell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:50 am
Ok, living amongst the Brits here in Holland I must say it's true that they don't give a damn about the culture.

The Dutch speak English. They are pretty welcoming of other cultures (except if you're arabic or assylum seekers....) and they embrace them. The English use this as an excuse to take the piss out of the Dutch. Example: out of the ten close (English) friends that I have, 6 have lived in the Netherlands all their life.... only two can speak a slight bit of Dutch...........  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:08 am
Silver_TinkerBell
Ok, living amongst the Brits here in Holland I must say it's true that they don't give a damn about the culture.

The Dutch speak English. They are pretty welcoming of other cultures (except if you're arabic or assylum seekers....) and they embrace them. The English use this as an excuse to take the piss out of the Dutch. Example: out of the ten close (English) friends that I have, 6 have lived in the Netherlands all their life.... only two can speak a slight bit of Dutch...........

Why so many English over there? ...or is it all for the 'nightlife'.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Silver_Tinkerbell

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:41 am
Invictus_88
Silver_TinkerBell

Why so many English over there? ...or is it all for the 'nightlife'.

It's got nothing to do with that. Just the work there for ex pats (most working for Shell or Unilever(sp) )

Ok! List of places!!!
South Africa (birth place)
Botswana
Zambia
Zimbabwe
Swaziland
Egypt
USA (New York)
Greece
Italy
(we could count Vatican City)
Turkey