Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[BL Book List] (Updated: Ratings)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rivkah Winter

Friendly Friend

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:59 am
Okay, so in the sister guild, the Shoujo-Ai & Yuri Guild, there is a GL book list.

Well, I recently picked up a BL book and started reading it, and so I think we should also have a BL book list over in here!

In the SA/Yuri Guild, there are two seperate book lists--one for 'mature' readers, and one for young adult/teen readers. I'm going to combine both of them into the same post. Please, label what you post 'YA' or 'MA' (young adult or mature) in the teen fiction list.

Everything appropriate for teenagers or that can be found in the Teen Fiction/Young Adult section of your local bookstore should be labeled 'YA'.

On the other hand, books with any overly-objectionable content should be labeled 'MA'. The ratings are not for content other than explict parts. The comprehention level doesn't matter.

If you would like to add to this list, please just post the title, author, and (optional) brief summary (no spoilers, please), and your estimate of its rating, and I'll (or maybe a mod could) update this first post when I see that there's been a new post with a book suggestion!

If there is NOT an author slot for a certain book title, that's because it's by the same author as the title above it. I thought it would be easier to do that than to have to bother putting the author a billion times.

The ratings will now begin to be posted. Please, for all who posted books before, please add a rating to your books, so I can make sure that they match up to what I will put it as.

For the moment, I'll put a QUESTION MARK next to all unconfirmed ratings (for books posted by people who suggested them before I put the age group ratings up).

Thanks for your cooperation, and enjoy your BL Book List!

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Author: David Levithan
Title: Boy Meets Boy
Brief Summary: Paul. He's gay. Apparently, it was confirmed when he was in kindergarten. There's the ex, Kyle, and no one (not even he) knows what's up with him anymore. There's also Infinite Darlene, the jock/homecoming queen, Joni, the best friend, Tony, the other best friend, and lots others. Then, one day at a book store, he meets THE BOY. Noah. He is instantly falling for him, and their relationship grows.
Rating: YA

Author: Alex Sanchez
Title: Rainbow Boys, Rainbow High, and Rainbow Road (trilogy)
Brief Summary: N/A

Author: Lynn Flewelling
Title: Nightrunners Series (Luck in the Shadows, Stalking Darkness, and Traitor's Moon so far)
Brief Summary: Seregil, thief, spy, and noble, takes on the young Alec into the world of intrigue.
Rating: ?
~Posted by Seijaku_Ishida~

Author: Ellen Kushner
Title: Fall of the Kings
Brief Summary: Generations ago the last king fell, but the blood of the kings still runs deep, along with their old traditions. Theron Campion is heir to an ancient house--and a modern scandal. Basil St. Cloud is a brilliant and charismatic scholar ruled by a passion for the ancient kings.
~Posted by disco_the_kid~

Title: Swordspoint
Brief Summary: N/A

Author: Storm Constantine
Title: Wraeththu
Brief Summary: Wraeththu are a new race, idealistic and proud, made of entirely men, and sexless. Contains several points of view.

Author: Brent Hartinger
Title: Geography Club
Summary: An in-the-closet gay teen with a crush on the "Popular jock" forms a "Geography club" that is actually a secret gay-straight alliance.
~Posted by Kitsune-chi~

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:28 pm
Title: Nightrunners Series(Luck in the Shadows, Stalking Darkness, and Traitor's Moon so far)
Brief Summary: Seregil, thief, spy, and noble, takes on the young Alec into the world of intrigue.  

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100

Rivkah Winter

Friendly Friend

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:51 pm
Thanks! I'll add it. <3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:51 pm
Author: Ellen Kushner
Title: Fall of the Kings, Swordspoint
Brief Summary: Fall of the Kings--Generations ago the last king fell, but the blood of the kings still runs deep, along with their old traditions. Theron Campion is heir to an ancient house--and a modern scandal. Basil St. Cloud is a brilliant and charismatic scholar ruled by a passion for the ancient kings.  

disco_the_kid

disco_the_kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:53 pm
Author: Storm Constantine
Title: Wraeththu
Brief Summary: Wraeththu are a new race, idealistic and proud, made of entirely men, and sexless. Contains several points of view.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:57 am
Title: Geography club
Summary: An in-the-closet gay teen with a crush on the "Popular jock" forms a "Geography club" that is actually a secret gay-straight alliance.

I thought it was cute.  

Kitsune-chi

Rivkah Winter

Friendly Friend

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:59 pm
Okay, I need everyone who posted a book to come BACK here and confirm its age group rating.

Otherwise, I'll have to end up looking through the book for any objectionable content, as to rate it one or another (YA/MA), and I don't want to bother with that... XD

Thanks. I'd like all your cooperation on this.
<3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:37 am
Kitsune-chi
Title: Geography club

I thought it was cute.

EDIT!

The rating is probably 13 and over, perhaps younger. There's kissing and such which will sometimes allude to more but never really describe it. YA.

Kitsune-chi

Rivkah Winter

Friendly Friend

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:13 pm
Thanks. <3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:12 pm
Great! A organized list is nice ^^

Author: Bart Yates <--Also known to write other shounen-ai books.
Title: Leave Myself Behind
Brief Summary: After his dad dies Noah moves to a new town with his mom, only to find himself becoming friends with his neighbor J.D. They both delve into the secrets of Noah's new house, discovering a dark history and having to deal with the homophobia of their peers.

Title: Tamir Trilogy (The Bone Doll's Twin, Hidden Warrior, ???)
Brief Summary: Tobin, unable to reveal his true self due to the wrath of his uncle, must hide behind his second skin until the time comes to claim what is rightfully his. He also has a really close friend named Ki *hint hint*

Not very good summaries for great books though >_>;; I love Leave Myself Behind XD Noah is an awesome, witty character. Here's a quote from a conversation he had with his mom:
"With me out of the way you can run around the house naked and make sacrifices to Robert Frost and stuff."  

Anime_Gurl091

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games