Reply Fantasy Books Guild
His dark materials Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exo-Polition

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:06 am
Yes!! i love them! First trilogy i ever read! Actualy i read it repeatedly after that... the Amber Spy Glass is my favorite 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:53 pm
I originally got the Subtle Knife around ten years ago from a discount book store and didn't realize it was the second of three until after I bought it. After a few years I finally got a hold of the first book, but then I found out there was a third, so I put that off. Then, by some random turn of luck, my neighbor happened to have a bunch of publisher-copy books that she passed on to me which contained all three volumes in their original format. So I read my two paperbacks followed by the third publisher copy and I loved every minute! When I found out they were making a movie, I was ecstatic. So far, the visual version lives up to my expectations, but we'll see how long that lasts after we get to the third movie. I've always loved Biblical analogies... at least the ones from Revelations or "the Beginning". I'm not a religious person, but I've always toyed with the theory of the war between angels and demons and the Garden of Eden. This series is #4 on my favorite life-changing reads. (Sadly, I have to put "The Belgariad" 1st - my first fantasy series which I read over and over, "The Changeover" 2nd - because it was close to home and "Mists of Avalon" 3rd - because it shares my own personal beliefs of balance between Christianity and Wicca). "Dark Materials" is definitely a must read.  

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

chellybear10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:11 pm
Pumkyn
NightIntent
I think all three of them have at least a amention of the bear, whatever his name is.

OMG!!!! scream HIS NAME IS IKOR!!!!

No! His name was Iorek! Anyway I loved these books! I practically cried at the end of the Amber Spyglass. I think it's so cool with the whole deamon thing! I want one!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:42 pm
They are amazing. The movie did not do it justice AT all.  

Pumkyn

SageDragonM

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:22 am
I like it a lot. I thought it was really original and inventive! I have only read the first book, though. It's fantastic! heart  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:53 am
They were good books but the twist of thought required to completely and utterly understand them made my head hurt.  

Zenally

4,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

ElletNah_Sword

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:28 am
Oh I love His Dark Materials  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff