Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Art, Poetry, lyrics/songs/music and stories.
The Chronicles of The Birdman (Updated 7/01/06)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:16 am
~Introduction~

(To all who haven't noticed yet, this is Pokemaster. I changed my avatar in order to promote a story I'm writing, through cosplay. Don't worry if you've never heard of him; knowledge of my story is not wide-spread.)

Well, I'm writing a story. That much was obvious.

I've had the concept in my head for the past two years now. It's gone through many changes in its development; some of you might remember the stages it's gone through (unfortunately, now that Miyu's deleted the Albino Shadows guild you will no longer be able to see them).

At first it was a Grand Theft Auto III fanfiction, designed as a mere list of experiences of a newcomer to the deepest levels of human corruption. This newcomer (originally named Lorelei, but she preferred Lori because the former "sounded like an exotic hooker name.") had flown from the mainland because after leaving school she believed that she really didn't want to face the challenge of being upstanding and morally correct. She felt the urge of power, of being able to do something significant. She reaches Liberty City and almost immediately she's whisked into a diabolical crossfire between gangs and shifting loyalties. Ironically enough, I managed to type five chapters of this before I lost interest. I have never been able to type that much in future efforts. Ever.

Then it shifted to yet another story using Liberty City, featuring a young girl named Kayla (To anybody who has seen me rp as a girl named Kayla on YIM, this is she) and her seven days of hunting down her boyfriend James as the climax of a 10-year romance gone sour. This, again, featured the theme of corruption and the prominence of evil in our daily lives. Ultimately I found this one to be incredibly artificial and mushy, so this one wasn't too high on my list.

I did recycle Kayla and make some huge additions and detractions from her very essence to create this wonderful girl I have with me now. This latest attempt of mine to write a story is also the first one that is completely original (that is, without any pre-created characters, environments or other elements). It features the plight of the Angora family through its seemingly-infinite cycle of advancement towards pushing the envelope into new states of understanding and living in this universe, and regression towards safety and stability. Ultimately it reflects my true philosophy about the world, built through my experiences with my own family and the people I meet everywhere (even online; Yes, all of you went towards this project! ^^).

This thread is a place for me to record all my thoughts and ideas towards the project and for me to put everything I have in my head down on "paper."

There are no real rules I have to set up, as this is pretty much just an exhibit, but feel free to comment as you wish. I look forward to showing you all the final draft when it's finished.

-Alex  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:13 pm
Would you care if I made a thread outright copying similar to this one with my own story?  

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:55 am
And now, for some quotes that I thought were particularly insightful that I wrote into my book. You may or may not have seen these before, but just in case, here they are.

"I never liked the sound of guns. It wasn't the guns per se, but I just thought they never really belonged. Whenever you had an argument and somebody pulled a gun on you, you never remembered what you were arguing about and all of a sudden you just want to stay alive. The meaning behind it is all lost, and when somebody tries to explain everything it all just seems like a lame excuse for somebody to bring out a gun in the first place. If only words could kill as well, one would think." ~Lotus

More quotes as I dig them out of my huge list of notes.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:33 am
"You like to sing, eh? Tell ya what. We'll give you some of the most beautiful shining stars for eyes, and one of those all-day suckers like the pussies have. We'll let you walk down the sidewalk -- You can even skip if you want! -- and you can sing to your hearts content! See how long it takes until somebody jumps you. Just try singing when your throat's slit. I dare you." ~Christian  

Fidei Defensor

Fidei Defensor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:02 am
"Why yes, I do believe men were meant to fly. If God hadn't intended for us to fly away, he wouldn't have let us look up from our toil and watch the birds as they soar through the air. The thing is, birds always land. Always. They can fly as high as they want, but it gets cold up there, and the air is hard to breathe. You can't live up there no matter how hard you try. Soon enough your wings would get tired and you'd have no choice but to sail back to earth. And that's if you're lucky -- Some come down too hard and too fast and they crash and die. That's life; casually drifting from earth to sky and back again, like the petals of flowers in the wind." ~The Birdman  
Art, Poetry, lyrics/songs/music and stories.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games