Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Recipes & Cooking Tips
alternatives for different foods Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LETS DO THE MARIO!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:24 pm
Astrox
I use Earth Balance. As far as healthy (and vegan) margarines go, it's definately a good replacement for butterr.

Reasons I like it...
+non-GMO
+Kosher
+non-hydrogenated
+Works like butter in most baking
+Tastes more like butter than other margarine brands

The only reason why I don't like it is because it's kinda pricey.

Lasts a while though unless you start baking.. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:07 pm
Asphalt_Paradox
Large supermarkets and health food stores tend to carry butter alternatives. Margarine is a pretty good alternative, but be careful and check the ingredients first. Some margarines still have non-vegan products in them.

Catherine teh Vegan

M0RB1DLY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:21 pm
Henbane
Ecliptic Storm
If they want people to start buying organic foods, they have to decrease the price and make normal foods more expensive. That way, we'll all be chemical-free! heart

Things are starting to get a little better. Well, around my area at least. More people are purchasing organic, natural, and veg*n foods. They are starting to treat them like normal foods with sales. And more health food shops are spawning all over our area. But it is still cheaper to eat junk everyday. It is pretty bad when you can probably eat at Mc.Ds everyday for every meal and it is cheaper than buying oganic food.

On another note, a Whole Foods Market is being built in out area now. I have been told that the store is pretty awesome so I can't wait.

Oh I'm in love with Whole Foods. I pretty much cream my jeans every time I go there. ;O <3  
Recipes & Cooking Tips

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff