Like Anne Rice? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BluScreen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:47 pm
I liked it too, Nyed. =)

You should come to the Anne Rice Coven Party / Vampire Lestat Ball (we're still not sure what it's called LOL) Helena. =)
I like Hellsing, too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:33 am
You like hellsing? Check out my profile, that and I just finished my first hellsing AMV.

Anyways, on the topic, I admit I havn't read any of her books (although I have heard both good and bad things about them) but I have seen the movie a few times. Anyways from that I give her credit for giving the second best representation of vampires I have ever seen.  

Ndoki

Artemis Tigris

Mega Nerd

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Pie For All! 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:36 am
The Vampire Chronicles are awsome but my favorite is The Witching Hour  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:16 am
Ndoki
You like hellsing? Check out my profile, that and I just finished my first hellsing AMV.

Anyways, on the topic, I admit I havn't read any of her books (although I have heard both good and bad things about them) but I have seen the movie a few times. Anyways from that I give her credit for giving the second best representation of vampires I have ever seen.

Second best, hmm?
You said you've seen THE movie, but there's actually a couple. Which have you seen?

Elflady, I've been in the Witching Hour house! It's really neat, if you haven't seen it yourself.  

BluScreen

Ndoki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:32 pm
Yeah I guess I should have specified. Interview with a vampire, I think out of all the movies that's the most popular. Anyways, if you're curious, I think warhammer portrayed vampires the best. It's actually the basis of my RP guild too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:32 pm
So, Warhammer is a book series?  

BluScreen

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:45 pm
I like her books, but the movies based on them were awful, in my opinion.
Have you met Anne Rice?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:06 pm
Warhammer is a tabletop game using plastic figures you build and paint and form an army. I happen to have a vampire counts army, and the rulebook is filled with stories and such. The first fives pages are solid vampire stories, and almost 80% of the rest of the book is descriptions of all the different undead creatures. It's also the reason I'll fight to the death defending the idea that ghouls aren't undead, just grotesque animalistic people who were forced to cannabalism. 3nodding  

Ndoki

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:41 pm
When is this Vampire Ball thing? I got the Interview With The Vampire DVD and heard about it on the special features and I would absolutely love to go! (Trouble is, I'm only 15 at the moment... stare )

Anyway, I read Interview With The Vampire for a school project and now I'm hooked on Anne Rice. I've recently started reading Queen of the Damned but it's sorta confusing me right now.... Spoiler for those who haven't read it yet --> I read up to the end of the Baby Jenks part and then put it down because I was reading it in the car on the way home from vacation and I wanted to take a nap or something. <--- Spoiler done.

I tried to be Claudia for Halloween last year but I had a little disaster with the fangs. The paste dried before I could stick the fangs to my teeth and I ended up trying to use denture paste to make them stick. Never ever try that. Denture paste tastes disgusting!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:05 pm
Sorry, I've not kept up with the thread. =/

The Vampire Ball is around Halloween every year, in New Orleans. This year it'll be the... 27th, I think. It's Friday, I know that.

And yes, I've met Anne Rice. That's not really a very big deal though, tons of people have. =P

That sounds like a neat game, mister. I'd like to read the stories, and see the categories of vampire stuff. =)  

BluScreen

Ndoki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:11 am
Yeah, I have a small typeup of one of the stories, but it's heavily edited.. I dunno though. If there's a games workshop or sentry box anywhere near you they cost about $15. I guess you can get a glimpse off their site here but it barely scratches the surface.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:42 am
User Image

Can anyone go to the Ball or do you have to have an invite?

and on the note of Interview with a Vampire MOVIE - I was disappointed in Lestat. I'm sure everyone was, but if you have only seen the movie I greatly suggest the book and getting a different view of lestat by watching the movie Queen of the Damned or reading the book The Vampire Lestat

++++++++++++++

DustQueen

Amateur Sleuth

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:14 pm
Necro'd!!!! eek  
Elite Clubhouse, RP Threads, and Storage