Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ravenwolf. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:33 am
Henry Dorsett Case
TeaDidikai
If swan wasn't so greasy...

Never had swan. I've had duck, though, and that stuff goes down like it was coated in K-Y.
I'm a fan of eating mean food. Squid, Pigs, Chickens- and I would have swan on their too if it didn't taste so fowl. ~rimshot~  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:25 pm
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast
Just out of cureosity......Has anyone that says silver is bad to read, ever read past "To Ride a Silver Broom Stick?" That one and "Teen Witch" do suck but her later ones give some good stuff. Your just have to read past her "fluffyness."
I have.

And no. She doesn't get better.

In fact- (and I am being slightly over critical, but not by much) I don't think it is an unfair assertion to suggest that the major difference between her main books (To ____________ A _______________ _________________) is found in the color of the covers.

I'm actally flipping through the rest of them that my fiance bought. I must say that most of her stuff is crap. It really buged me when in 'To Stir a Magic Caldron' she kept saying things were "Wiccan Mysteries." I might not be an inititated Wiccan, but I do know those weren't mysteries. Or when I was looking up the Rede, she was claming that the Witches Rune was the Rede. (in her book 'Solitary Witch')  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:47 pm
Neko_Bast

I'm actally flipping through the rest of them that my fiance bought. I must say that most of her stuff is crap. It really buged me when in 'To Stir a Magic Caldron' she kept saying things were "Wiccan Mysteries." I might not be an inititated Wiccan, but I do know those weren't mysteries. Or when I was looking up the Rede, she was claming that the Witches Rune was the Rede. (in her book 'Solitary Witch')
Yep. Cute isn't it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:37 am
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast

Yep. Cute isn't it?

yah.... stare I might like some of her meditations but that really pissed me off. I mean, how can you mix up the Rede and the Rune when your claiming to have been trained by a trad coven?  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:07 pm
Neko_Bast
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast

Yep. Cute isn't it?

yah.... stare I might like some of her meditations but that really pissed me off. I mean, how can you mix up the Rede and the Rune when your claiming to have been trained by a trad coven?

Amusingly enough, she claims that her lineage extends thru Gardner via Buckland if memory serves me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:43 pm
Kuroiban
Neko_Bast
TeaDidikai
Neko_Bast

Yep. Cute isn't it?

Amusingly enough, she claims that her lineage extends thru Gardner via Buckland if memory serves me.

Well, considering that Buckland was the one that brought Wicca to the US, it doesnt surprise me. But then again, he does have an ego problem, so there could be others.  

PhantomPhoenix0

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:59 pm
Buckland asserts that he brought Witchcraft to the US. Not just Wicca (as per his Big Blue Book)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:42 pm
Neko_Bast

She can claim it..but it isn't so. Her line goes back through SerpentStone to Michael Ragan...and Michael always acknowledged that he didn't have a valid up-line. Ragan trained with Buckland in Seax Wicca...which is not the same as a Gardnerian link at all.  

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:45 pm
Aesi
Henry Dorsett Case

*smirks* That's normally followed by "but now I can't remember what it was".

If food makes a puppy-dog of you, you most likely have good taste. But liking greasy duck is a sign you don't have a pretentious stomach.

Fair enough. I've been called "Garbage Gut" in my time.

Aesi
Henry Dorsett Case

Well, there's the hard way - arrange a method by which the two of us could meet with the intent of cooking and eating duck, in a manner that would allow you to cook it.

Or the easy way - cook the duck, then use the simple Food Translocation Spell from "To Start A BBQ Fire".

The spell really might be easier. I live in Utah. You?

That'd be the big GA. A pity, really - we could have been so good together. 3nodding xp  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff