Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Eucharist, what did He mean?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kahri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:58 am
http://www.acfp2000.com/History/history.html

I have always found what I view as ritualistic cannibalism in Catholicism to be a little odd. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I'm sure some of you feel the same. They eat Jesus because He told them to, but why did he tell them to? What did he mean? Is it restricted to the funny-tasting wafers, or is there a broader metaphor here?

(I capitalize He out of respect)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:54 pm
The Eucharist is a magical link for invoking Christ in yourself.  

Tsuzuki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:16 pm
Tsuzuki
The Eucharist is a magical link for invoking Christ in yourself.
Not to mention a form of "spirit eating" designed to nourish the soul.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:09 pm
And a reminder of Christ's sacrifice of flesh. And a reminder that food of the spirit is more sustaining than food of the body (symbolic fasts may exclude even the Eucharist/Sacrament, then be broken or concluded by the taking of it).  

Aesi

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:19 pm
Aesi
And a reminder of Christ's sacrifice of flesh. And a reminder that food of the spirit is more sustaining than food of the body (symbolic fasts may exclude even the Eucharist/Sacrament, then be broken or concluded by the taking of it).
Speaking as someone who has had both faith and hunger pains at the same time- I am afraid I disagree.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:57 pm
TeaDidikai
Aesi
Speaking as someone who has had both faith and hunger pains at the same time- I am afraid I disagree.

I never said I agreed. But many religions which take a form of the Eucharist (the LDS and their bread and water Sacrament, for instance) consider it it an important tenet. After all, the physical body only lasts so long. The spirit [usually] lives on for all time.

I guess I... really only said the same thing you did, huh? sweatdrop  

Aesi

Aesi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:09 pm
Ah, and though I'm not sure if the Catholics have the same idea, but the LDS hold the Eucharist/Sacrament as a renewal of the covenant with God made at a person's baptism. They are advised not to take the Sacrament if they have sinned without speaking to their bishop about it and making amends. They would be breaking their covenant, defying God, and paying lip-service to Him if they take the Sacrament in sin. Not that most of them take this injunction seriously.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:25 pm
Aesi
TeaDidikai
Aesi

I never said I agreed. But many religions which take a form of the Eucharist (the LDS and their bread and water Sacrament, for instance) consider it it an important tenet. After all, the physical body only lasts so long. The spirit [usually] lives on for all time.

I guess I... really only said the same thing you did, huh? sweatdrop
~nods~ It happens. With me being right all the time, people are bound to say the same thing as I did eventually. wink  

TeaDidikai

Aesi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:12 pm
TeaDidikai
~nods~ It happens. With me being right all the time, people are bound to say the same thing as I did eventually. wink

biggrin Nice, comfy ego you have there.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:30 pm
Aesi
biggrin Nice, comfy ego you have there.
Isn't it beautiful? I had it steam cleaned just the other day. heart  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items