Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hello...
  ...?
View Results

catz_rocks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:24 am
This series is made up (so far) of The Gift/The Naming (it has two different names; same story though) and The Riddle. I've yet to read The Riddle, but The Gift is a great book. I love Hem/Cai and Maerad and Cadvan...they're great books. Talk about them here!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:27 am
i have only read the naming but i thought the riddle was coming out in fall.
i really loved the books though. although what convinced me was when i saw a good review by tamora pierce on the back of the book. after that i was sold on the book  

laaalalalalalalalalas

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:17 pm
btw the riddle is out now SO GO AND BUY IT!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:03 pm
Holy Crap! You mean someone ELSE knows about these books. I saw The Namingat work one day when I was working at a bookstore and bought it on a whim. I absolutely LOVE it, who cares that its aimed for younger readers.

It really got my brain going contemplating all teh possibilities of the series. Eventually there will be four books in the series.

I love Cadavan, he's just so hard to figure out and I love the challenge.  

Meithanos

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:06 pm
OMG I KNOW!!!! i love Cadvan to death....and did you read her intro where she said it was actually translated from these scrolls that were found in 1991 and there's a ton of research on these people. it really messes with my head because i think of it as fiction but the way she speaks of the scrolls makes it sound like they are true documents instead of a story....i think thats cool  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:08 pm
Good point.

But allas... the whole Bardic tradition ended AGES ago, it makes me sad that our society is so reliant on technology and television and there is no longer much room for good storytelling, particularly through song. Heck, there's barely much room for art in general anymore.

I think that is one of the better things about these books (and fantasy in general) They bring back traditions and skills that have LONG since "died out" in today's society except in Ren Faires and other "geekdoms" that are related.

Why are WE considered "geeks" and odd for liking lost histories of our own culture?

And look what this topic did... got me back on the "lost arts" rant. sweatdrop  

Meithanos

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:52 pm
i dont mind... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:32 pm
*looks at topic and book in question... looks at guild in general*

No... I don't suppose you would.

Hmm... wonder if my local library has The Riddle...  

Meithanos

xX_Flame_Kissed_Xx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:00 pm
i absolutely looooooove this series heart heart heart heart heart did you all know that the fourth and final book is going to be called The Singing and i think it is supposed to come out around mid next year 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:38 pm
I've read The Naming, it was okay, but not amazing  

Angleic Shadow

Mara Jade Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:16 am
This is one of the coolest series I have EVER come across. heart heart heart heart Cadvan...oh I love him to death. I can't wait for the third book...or is it out already?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:54 am
it is the Crow and it is out alread xd heart heart i loooove cadvan, but i also really like whats-his-name that died... something like dernhil... anyways, and i liked her cousin too, but he died too... i think croggon likes to kill the guys that get close to the girl, i mean, cadvan was 'dead' for over half of the second book too right blaugh 3nodding  

xX_Flame_Kissed_Xx

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:28 pm
I just finished The Singing and it was so brilliant!  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games