Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Official] Do you want to be a Mod?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:54 am
Do you want to be a mod?

So here's the deal guys.

The Guild needs some moderators, sounds fun right?

It's a serious job, which requires time and effort. Being a mod is a big responsibility!

Do you think you have what it takes? If so, PM me with "Mod Application - Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild" as the title, and a description as to why you believe you would make a good moderator for the Guild. Please include any Instant Messanger handles you might have in the PM so I might contact you via them for quicker communications.

Min Requirements (Do not PM unless you meet these requirements)

Grammar/Spelling: No ChatSpeak, Cohrent Sentences.
Maturity Level: High
Time OnLine: Consistiant Access. At least one hour a day or 10 hours a week.
Experiance: None

Common Misconceptions about being a Mod.

1. It's fun to get trigger happy with banning <3
- Wrong, Banning is a very serious issue that can only be done by the Captain or Vice-Captains.
2. Once a mod, always a mod.
- Wrong, inactive, poorly performing, or simply not suited mods are demoted back to general members.
3. Paco has to like you to be a mod.
- Wrong. It isn't about how well we get along, but about how well you get along with the Guild and how well you treat it ^^.
4. You make a lot of gold being a mod.
- Wrong. I'm poor. and I OWN the Guild!
5. You get to boss people around!
- True! But only when they are being bad, and always politely.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:11 am
Hi hi, Vice Captain here *waves* I want to add My Two Cents on Mods. Dun dun dun!

As Paco stated, being a mod is not all fun and games. Here's the two problems I run into the most.

1. Mods won't let me post what I want to post! They're so meeeeeeeean!
- Um...yeah. We have a Constitution with clearly stated rules. Our Constitution is set in place to back up the rules of Gaia. We are not being mean, we are making sure that we adhere to the rules and make this a clean, fun place for everyone to post.
2. The Mods are hounding me!
- If you're a consistent rule breaker, yes, we see you and are continually cleaning up after you. If you just read the rules and stick to them, we won't have these problems.

As a mod, you have to be able to stand up to a little resistance from the more stubborn members out there.

You've got to be able to make firm decisions. Does this belong? Are they behaving well?

It's not all fun and games, but it can be rewarding. It can be frustrating, but it can also be fun. So if you think you fit the requirements, come on, step up. Show us what you're made of!

P.S. ...I'm poor too O_o The only place I post on Gaia is this Guild sweatdrop  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:19 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Manage Your Items