Submit

freak !!

the correct term is awesome

are you callong me freak you slot?
  die!!!
View Results

trampyre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:06 pm
I dunno, Schindler's List? I couldn't get through it, but not because it wasn't good. I have a soft spot for Hitchcock movies too.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:35 am
Kostbarer Alptraum
I dig anything with zombies, but The Shining was glorious. Also, I got to watch the original Nosferatu. It was... insteresting.

I also own Nosferatu.

But the scariest and best horror movie I have seen is Infected.  

Yzarc Huckleberry

nippIe goblin

Noob

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:54 pm
crying I can't watch scary movies. At all. I am Legend scared the hell out of me. D: I'M WEAKKKKKK!!!!! *facedesk*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:59 am
"Repo! The Genetic Opera" which I actually find rather comical instead of horrific.

"Frontier" which is wonderfully terrifying and in french.

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:36 pm
I'm a huge fan of Asian horror. The remakes usually are bad (I say usually because there was an okay Chinese remake of Ringu)
But the best western horror I've seen recently? You remember the ad for Haunting in Connecticut that was on Gaia a while ago? I actually went to see it and it was a really good film. It was terrificly scary, and the subplot about the family dealing with the son's cancer was really well done.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:33 pm
Hellbound: Hellraiser II and Sleepy Hollow.  

AngelusSilenti

G E T T R O L L E D

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:38 pm
the old evil dead....  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:50 am
I first saw the Shining in full when I was 3 years old. Maybe thats how I first developed my taste for horror.....

Anyways, DEATH RACE is an amazing movie. If you have not had the privilege to watch it already, I suggest you do so immediately.  

Maniacal Hatter

Shirtless Raider

8,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:39 am
TwiztidMetal
I first saw the Shining in full when I was 3 years old. Maybe thats how I first developed my taste for horror.....

Anyways, DEATH RACE is an amazing movie. If you have not had the privilege to watch it already, I suggest you do so immediately.
Why do you love it so much?

I'll check it out anyways though because I need a sorce of entertainment for the upcoming week but unfortunatley, no video store is open at the moment and the only ways of obtaining the video that I can think of all happen to be illegal.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:52 pm
Kakei Setsunai
"Repo! The Genetic Opera" which I actually find rather comical instead of horrific.

"Frontier" which is wonderfully terrifying and in french.

I agree I did find Repo more commical then scary or anyting along those lines.

But I have to say I love Saw movies. Death Race was another good one.

NekoYasha09er

valadus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:35 am
Drag me to Hell FTW, first movie ive ever seen that scared me  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:28 pm
I'm such a big fan of horror that I don't even know where to start in listing off my favorites.  

GilAskan
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:53 pm
Let's start with some basics-

1) I don't care if a horror movie scares me or not. I'm RARELY scared by horror. A good horror film doesn't have to be scary to be good. A good horror film can stand on it's narrative and aesthetic.

2) This list includes some horror-comedies, but only those which include sequences where horror outweighs the comedy. Return of the Living Dead is a zombie horror-comedy, yes, but it pushes the horror side. It's on this list. Fido is a zombie horror-comedy, yes, but it's almost exclusively a comedy. It's not on the list.

3) I don't believe in "thriller" as a genre. I think it's a vague term that overlaps any number of genres and is solely defined by high tension. Some of the films on this list are "thrillers" by common vernacular, but they push horror as well (Silence of the Lambs). Other "thrillers" I enjoy (such as Unbreakable) may not be on the list because they are not horror movies on their own.

Okay, let's see if I can get some names rolling-

- Romero's Zombie films (My favorites in order being- Dawn, Night, Day, Land, Diary)
- Return of the Living Dead
- The Hills Have Eyes (Original & Remake both)
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original), TCM2
- The Exorcist
- John Carpenter's The Thing
- Frontier(s)
- The Descent
- Burrowers
- Silent Hill
- Zombi 2
- Burial Ground: Nights of Terror
- Carnival of Souls
- The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
- Dead Next Door
- Nosferatu (Murnau's original & Herzog's remake)
- Shadow of the Vampire
- Blood: The Last Vampire (original)
- Messiah of Evil
- The Driller Killer
- The Evil Dead
- The Sleepaway Camp series
- Alien/Aliens
- Woman in the Dunes (Suna no Onna)
- The Devil's Backbone (El Espinazo del Diablo)
- Ravenous
- Outpost
- Man Bites Dog
- The Hazing
- The Universal Horror Classics (especially The Mummy, The Invisible Man, and Creature from the Black Lagoon)
- Silent Warnings
- Pitch Black

I could keep going, but I think I'll cut it off here for the time being.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:53 pm
I don't watch a lot of thrillers or scary movies, but my friend loves them and has recently convinced me into watching them with her. I really liked Haunting in Connecticut, though it made me scared to go in my basement for a long time. I liked 1408, though I don't know if that's considered horror. It actually wasn't scary to me, but I liked the whole concept of the hotel room thing.  

Arkythiana

Death of Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:09 pm
Boxing Helena  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items