Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Jane Lindskold Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heard of her?
  Yes! I love her books!
  Yeah, but I haven't read any books by her.
  Nope, never.
  Gold!
View Results

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:38 am
Well, I finished Wolf Hunting about a week or so ago. Totally made up for Wolf Captured. It's way better, in my opinion. I really like Plik. And Truth is a really good character, as well. There were a couple things that I had a bit of trouble with, but they weren't too major.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:27 pm
I bought Wolf Hunting and just started it. I love her series, but all the books in the series share the same thing in common: if you don't read one book directly after the other (like three minutes), they take a while to get into. But that just be me on second thought....

I think the love between Blind Seer and Firekeeper was a long time in coming. In Wolf Captured, I like how Lindskold wrapped up how Firekeeper was able to live with the Royal Wolves in the first place because that always bothered me.

Silver Shadow Sinner

MinervaEvenstar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:48 am
I read her entire Wolf series and I adore every single book in it, but the second is my fave. Derian is the best character in my opinion, though Blind Seer comes in as a close second. Lindskold is absolutely the best author at charactisation I have ever encountered. Showing the chapters from so many people's perspectives make both her heroes and villians seem to live and breathe. She's phenominal.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:29 am
I agree. She's got some of the most in-depth characters that I've read.

'Though I have to say, I like Firekeeper a lot more than Derian. She's just more interesting to me. While I like that Derian has an affinity for horses, I still like Firekeeper better.

I'm less than a hundred pages into Wolf's Blood, and like it so far. I just don't have the time to read lately. n.n"  

NightIntent
Captain

Mikiela

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:27 pm
i've read one through five of the wolf books and the buried pyramid.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:23 pm
Is Buried Pyramid good? I've seen it at the bookstore a bunch of times, and debated getting it, but I didn't know if I'd like it so I never bought it.  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:59 am
All right. I finally finished reading Wolf's Blood. And I have to say, I'm half-hoping it's the last in the series. Sure, the book was great, and I still love all the characters--espcially Lovable and Bitter--but that would still make a really good ending to the series. Most of the plot holes were tied up, except for one really big one, which makes me think it's not the last, Firekeeper and Blind Seer are happy and together, and everything turned out well. A good ending to the series. I can't find any information on whether it's the last in the series or not on her website, though. But she's starting a new series, which is good.

Now, on to my comments about the rest of Wolf's Blood. I would've preferred if Grateful Peace, Citrine, Edlin, Elise, and Doc had gotten a bit more interaction. Most of their involvement in the story was narration about them ("Elise and Doc were on the other side of the gates doing stuff"), instead of dialogue and/or action. They're all really good characters--and I want to see more of how Citrine matured. And Bitter and Lovable weren't in it nearly as much as I would've liked. I love the interaction between those two and all other characters. Especially Lovable. She's just so funny, with her love of shiny things and showing off. Oh, well. It was still an awesome book. I think I like Firekeeper best in this book than pretty much all the other ones. I don't even know why, but I do.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:06 am
I have bought the entire Firekeeper Series By her, although Wolfs Blood, the last one, is MY favorite. I also own her Brother to Dragons, Companion to Owls, but I haven't been able to find any Changer books near where I live. *sigh* ninja  

Booklover777

4,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Team Jacob 100

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:23 pm
Booklover777
but I haven't been able to find any Changer books near where I live. *sigh* ninja

I haven't been able to find it, either. Probably because it's kinda old and out of print. ):  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:58 pm
I read the first book in 10th grade, and I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now. I didn't understand who all the characters were--like Firekeeper, I was confused with all the different names for once person. Earl Kestrel, Norvin Norwood, the same person? I had no idea.

I reread it and read the second one this summer, and they were really satisfying. I have the third book too, but I'm afraid I won't be able to start it 'till next summer because college is starting up so soon and I'm finishing another series right now. D:

Rabid Nozomi

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:40 am
I should re-read the Firekeeper series. I miss it. I was kind of sad it ended, but also glad because at least it wasn't dragging on forever.

I also liked her series about the Zodiac signs. The ending was sort of satisfying, but sort of disappointing. I enjoyed it anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:33 pm
I read Through Wolf's Eyes and enjoyed it. I have the rest of that series but I haven't read any of them for some reason.... I should get back into her books I really did enjoy Brother to Dragons, Companion to Owls. I think I've read it a half a dozen times now.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:07 pm
Oh yeah, that was a good one! I also liked Child of a Rainless Year. Her books are kind of slow to get started, I feel, but once they get rolling, the plots are fantastic and the characters are very real-seeming.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:41 pm
Oh, I know. I'll slog through the first few chapters over the course of a few weeks and then one day pick it up and discover the story is now taking off and I can't put it down.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:07 pm
That's exactly it. XD It's bad, because the first few chapters are where impressions are made, but it's good, because the rest is just so amazing that those first few chapters were still totally worth it.

I should probably see where I put all those books. I know I have them, the question is where....  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff