Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
If you want to RP with me...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:52 am
NOTE: Please PM me if you want to RP with me, because I don't check this thread consistently enough.

I like almost every thing but fan RPs-- any mix of scifi/fantasy is welcome. Romantic relationships are not a requirement. In fact usually if there is a romance I like to make it a tough relationship for them both, not lovey-dovey unrealistic mushiness.

I've done all sorts of one-on-one RPs but mostly on AIM. I'd be willing to try to do one here if a plot/character of yours interests me!

Here are some of the plots that I have done before or want to try out. They are in somewhat arbitrary groups to help you find one you might like. There are a lot, so each description is very short. I can elaborate on any that you like on the basis of your character or to help you create one for the RP.

-------------------------------------------------
CONSPIRACY
1. Fin is a violently unpredictable ex-military man who in the past has suffered from paranoia-- so say the people who assigned him to help destroy an errant colony.
2. Kaen worked for a large underground cult, brainwashing those the cult later called "agents" and the world called "terrorists". Challenged by a non-cult member and his own awakening conscience, Kaen leaves the cult for the real world-- but can cult members ever really escape the cult, or who they were?
----------------------------------------------
3. A settlement on a new planet runs out of control when magic, which appears to exist nowhere else, is found. The gov. that originally settled the place agrees to a truce where they keep people out and the settlers keep people in-- and boy are they happy not have any strangers meddling around. Years or decades after this Tobias and his buddy Jerry land on the planet in secret and attempt to blend in with the populace...
----------------------------------------------------
4."Torn" is the nickname for this small town's special (insane) person. If you ask around (or ask him) you might hear a tale of bewitching fairies and a dead young lover...but is it the whole story?
5. Tony and Jack help work an "underground railroad" system to aid fleeing slaves from a country called Feretris. Find out why all the slaves are male and why even a strong mage like Tony won't go in to fight for their freedom.
------------------------------------------------
6. Rachel is in outpatient treatment for a supposed mental disorder, when in actuality she is part of testing for a new drug designed to control unruly members of the population.
7. 99 Audrey works as a gardener in a society where emotion and religion are suppressed to the point where being able to kill in cold blood is a good thing. Each person has a number for their first name, indicating their position in the city.
8. Samuel Dexter Wallace's job is to find those with magic and bring them in so that they may no longer pose a threat to the city. But in a world where regular citizens don't even know that these mages exist, Sam is more interested in finding out more about these legends than in gov. paper work.
--------------------------------------------------
9. Austin is an "agent" for a corrupt, overbearing government. His job does not usually involve killing people but rather helping design new computer-game-type training tools for the government. His cover job is a teacher of mathematics at a HS or college, where he keeps an eye out for any kids exceptionally good at math. However an old problem with sociophobia and panic attacks begins to compromise his position.

SOUL SEARCH/change of destiny
1. Jim worked on a farm until a girl from the city convinced him to move into a world he knew little about.
-----------------------------------------------
2. Aniane's job was to help protect his desert village with his fire magic. Then a dispute with his father, one of the leaders of the village, forces him to flee. Now on his own, he searches for a teacher to help him with his magic. Still a young boy, he finds himself wishing for a role model as well.
3. Zaylin Danavitch is a spunky, overconfident girl who finds herself abandoned on the streets during a trip when she misses the bus/boat/something back home.
4. Rimar befriends members of a secret society and starts to find himself involved in their minor schemings...and possibly the group. Suffering from chronic depression, he must decide what path to follow.
5. Torell has had a curse put on him that forces him to stay in the city. The city is nice enough, but his wife and kid live elsewhere and have no idea where he is. He tried sending letters but there was no reply.
6. Kanlay has allowed an overbearing man to take over her life after he "rescues" her from life as a whore. Now she is a pathetically thin waitress at a bar in need of a better savior.
7. Kaita Alderines lives in a time of drought and now her people seek to find other lands by crossing the ocean. You would think they were made to fly if you saw their wings, but actually it is a mechanism for shading.
8. Alexander Kiplin is a go-fer for an evil dark elf looking to eventually conquer the world. While the elf's plans are not an immediate threat, his power over his subjects is enough to keep Alex and others in his service unwillingly. Alex is alergic to magic.
9. Neni can communicate with canines and currently uses his talents to work for the circus. However, trouble with the dogs will soon force him to flee and seek a new life.

ADVENTURING
1. When the undead begin attacking a small border villiage, Serai (a female centaur) is among the group sent on a long journey to inform the king.
2. Hitori Melone is a traveler who occasionally joins small parties in their travels from one town or city to the next. In a world where slavery is still acceptable and golemns lurk, sometimes these small excursions turn into an adventure.
3. How can Devinna Roberts fly her own ship with such a terrible memory problem? Usually she travels alone because other people do not trust her compentence, but occassionally some poor lout will be desperate enough to come on board...
4. Sam is a bumbling hero who sees damsels in distress where there aren't any. Got a real problem? Goodness forbid you have this "knight" by your side.
5. Penden Rel (cat person) is sharing her body with a wandering spirit who leads her to a far-off planet to retrieve her preserved body.
6. Meth ( a cat person ) has been expelled from her home island for trying to break a stone that holds a ward around the place, keeping it hidden. Now steals aboard a ship, intending to somehow reach her homeland.
7. Henry Bj�rn works as a doctor serving the needs of the poor and the homeless. He is currently living with two younger women who are fugitives from another country that are trying to get north of the border where their kind are accepted.
8. Goan is a unicorn that appears as a horse up for sale at the market.
9.Orin R'kashi was a member of his country's magic council until he left to study magic on his own, as a hermit. The only thing that can bring him out of his hermit life is a crisis...

SOMETHING ELSE
1. Monica takes her slave Adrien to another country to see the sights-- however, slavery is not allowed here and any one who finds out about Adrien will mistakenly try to free him, only to find that he does not wish to be "freed".
2. Is the world that Taylor Selt finds illusion or reality? As a test subject for a 3D gaming system, Taylor believes it is an illusion... but the game seems to believe otherwise, and the characters he meets seem very real.
3. Carragen is a strange creature to find if you expect to find a human. She currently lives in a country in the middle of a mountain range, where you can find anthropomorphs of any kind.
4. Kevin is more than a vampire killer. He is like Gods cosmic joke for these underground bloodsuckers, because when they bite him, they turn back to human.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:25 pm
Your role play idea's sound very interesting. I have a question though. How would you play a clinically depressed character? I guess i know how but to what extreme could you take it to?  

Sylvia_Firta

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:01 pm
Sylvia_Firta
Your role play idea's sound very interesting. I have a question though. How would you play a clinically depressed character? I guess i know how but to what extreme could you take it to?

This is going to sound unrelated at first but it's the best example I have...
Once when I was playing Alex, he was such a self-destructive a*****e that he actually got killed by the other characters. The other player kept telling me OCCly that they would end up killing him, and I was like....Point? xd Of course if you dont want the RP to end there Im sure there are ways to add another character or something.

Rimar and Austin (and Alex sometimes) are I think the most depressed characters. Austin has an anxiety disorder and is over medicated-- he nearly shot the only two people who could save him (when he knew that) in an RP he was in recently. Rimar is clinically depressed, and Alex is the one I mentioned above.

I hope that answers your question. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:55 pm
I'll try to take you on, oh and thanks for accepting me.  

-When-1-we-3-move-3-on-

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:09 pm
Take me on?? LOL
Well, which one did you like-- or, alternatively, what did you have in mind?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:39 pm
Thank you very much, if you would like to role play sometime i would love to participate.  

Sylvia_Firta

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:35 pm
Sylvia_Firta
Thank you very much, if you would like to role play sometime i would love to participate.

Well, I pretty much put every thing of mine out on the table... So if you have an unquenchable urge to play with me you should pick a story line to work with or else post one of your own that you think I might like. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:20 pm
Id love to rp with you pm me if your interested

i liked this one

6. Kanlay has allowed an overbearing man to take over her life after he "rescues" her from life as a whore. Now she is a pathetically thin waitress at a bar in need of a better savior.  

-LiL-Burrito-

Akut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:35 am
I've seen some quite interesting ideas. If you wanna RP with me feel free to PM me. And that goes for the whole lot of you!! mrgreen mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:01 am
Oh, I'm sorry guys. sweatdrop I forgot to put that you should PM me. redface Well, it's there now!  

MrsMica
Crew

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:44 pm
I might actually have time to RP on AIM over break! Crazy!
AIM:
Ketlin Narris  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:01 pm
You should still PM me if you want to RP with me. biggrin My replies will be slow while school is still in session, though.  

MrsMica
Crew

Otulissa

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:27 pm
I would like to do one of those RPs. PM me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:35 am
I need to update this baby  

MrsMica
Crew

MrsMica
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:32 pm
STILL need to update.
But in the meantime, I have a thread in Barton OOC.  
03 One-on-One RPs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games