Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Just in Need of Advice...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Indie_Marauder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:09 pm
Hey y'all. smile So, I have thoroughly read all the posts, and you guys are definitely motivating and amazing. But, I do need to ask for some advice. I'm scheduled to go to Banff with my choir for a week - in about a week - and I'm concerned that being there will completely destroy my struggling eating habits. Not so much, necessarily, due to my lack of willpower, but because the restaraunts there are either hyper expensive (I'm currently jobless and working off a fairly low budget) or McDonald's. I know that bringing myown food is essential, but the quality of box non-parishables seems a little questionable. stare Do you guys have any suggestions as to do what I could do to maintain a somewhat healthy eating system that won't leave me feeling absolutely hopeless when I get back? (I'll even post my food diary to tell you what worked and what didn't! sweatdrop stressed biggrin )

Thanks for any help you can provide! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:07 am
go for the boxed nonperishables as much as you can
including those little tubs of fruit, and the breakfast bars *warning, some of those can be really not good so read the labels*
if you have access to a microwave wile you are there buy microwave meals
if you have access to a fridge get youghert and milk so you can have regular cerial instead of eating out for breakfast
fresh fruit, you can get that no matter were you are
and subway,
subway, subway, subway
and dont stress too much,
you are in a new place so you will be walking far more than you usually do  

I be me

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:36 pm
fast food doesn't have to be your downfall.

there are a few healthier options out there. wendy's offers fruit. but watch out for the calorie contents of salads, they like to trick you into think its healthy but with salad dressing it can be just as bad as a hamburger.

meat isn't bad, so don't be afraid of it, but stay away from the fries. if you must cave on one of the days you are there, get a SMALL fry, just to get the taste of it.

then the rest of the time, try to eat small portions and avoid anything fried.

look for non sugary granola bars to bring with you, and maybe some dried fruit.

and i be me is right about subway. its always a good option

anyway, i hope some of that is at least helpful.

remember to drink plenty of water and stay away from soda with empty calories  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:03 pm
Thanks guys! We're (my Banff buddy and I) are already taking the advice and working through it. There's a Safeway, so we're looking at salads and sandwiches... and we're hoping there's a Subway. We've processed a list fully of friendly little items, and I actually feel pretty okay.

lol...even still, your suggestions are hitting the road come Wednesday! heart domokun  

Indie_Marauder

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:50 pm
whats wednesday?

good for you to make the committment to try to do well on a trip. i probably would scrap it. i'm lazy like that.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games