Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

:3
  :B
View Results

navigate me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:01 pm
nicky250
I was brought up as a Jew. I had my bat mitzvah and everything and I went to temple every now and then. To me, religion was a nuisance. It was a waste of time, and it wasted my parents money. I'm 13 right now and I changed my belief near the begining of last year. We were reading the book Life of Pi. It's about a kid who tries out a bunch of different religions. His teacher was atheist and our teacher was explaining to us what atheism was. The next day I started joking around saying I was athiest. I think it was mostly for attention. Then I started to really think about it and how stupid I was to believe in "God". Recently I've become a really strong atheist and for once I am proud of my belief, and I understand now how other kids got so obssesive over thier belief or religion.

I was raised as a jew and I had a bat mitzvah too!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:48 pm
redtail2
i was raised to come to my own conclusion, wich turned out to be atheism. i tryed believing in god & studied a lot of different religions, but i just don't get any of them.

same here :] my mother told her children that we are supposed to find out for ourselves what we believe in. She follows a Wiccan faith, my father Christian. My sister's a Buddhist, and I'm not really sure what my brother is... I studied about every religion and didn't agree with them.  

God Save The Vampires

Kuakuu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:09 pm
I was raised Catholic, but I don't think I ever truly believed that if I was bad I'd go to hell, or that Jesus died on the cross or anything. After a while I just refused to go to church anymore to see the creepy man in the white robe yell at us about repenting for our sins and how Jesus is the Savior~
So now I am Atheist.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:00 pm
I was raised Catholic but for some reason I was never the big believer like my siblings or cousins.  

aCapitalFellow

Xiporah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:50 am
Gunpowder Valentine
Sooo. What religion were you actually brought up during childhood? I'm sure everyone believed in something before you decided that you didn't believe in god.
Not true. I wasn't raised religiously, and I understand and care very little about it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:58 pm
I was forced to go to church with my grandmother and aunt
I was brought up Christan, but that changed once I stopped listening

Was I happy? No, I hated being around other kids in Sunday school

I'd purposely screw up what they originally said when we were playing that game where you tell someone something then they tell another person until it gets to the end

Some people would convulse during prayer, which scared the s**t out of me
gonk
"If they could fake that, then this whole thing could be a lie"
The day I realized that was the day I stopped going entirely

Deranged Imagination

~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items