Reply Rude Discussion
Ska vinyl?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghoulish Reminders

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:19 am
I saw a thread on ska CDs, but do any of you kids listen to vinyl? I'm a big vinyl geek, and I'm trying to find good places online to pick up some. If you can suggest some places that carry first and second wave ska, reggae/skinhead reggae, and dance hall, I'd love you forever.

I found this place... http://www.jumpuprecords.com/vinyl.html

Has anyone heard anything about that label? I want to know if it's a good site to order from that won't rip me off.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:10 pm
I try and try to get vinyl, but I had a bad expirence with them before

I had a pretty big collection of the Trojan boxsets, and my sister broke them all and threw them away.
So yeah, I'm trying to remake my collection, but it's taking a while confused cry  

King Of The Ska
Captain

NoFingersMcKenzi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:40 pm
I'll take vinyl over CDs any day.

If you live near St. Clair Shores, Mi. There's a collectors store called Car City Records. That's where I get all my vinyl. I'll check to see if there's a website.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:20 pm
I'm glad you guys replied... I was thinking no one else in here was into vinyl!

It's funny that you brought up that store in Michigan, McKenzi... I used to live in Detroit, but now I'm back in Kentucky. I actually think I may have heard of it when I lived there.

And dude, King, what the ******** is wrong with your sister? Why'd she do that? If my sister ever did that to any of my records I'd kill her. Did you mean you've tried to order vinyl from the website I posted before and you had a hard time dealing with them? 'Cause if that's the case, I definatley won't be ordering from them.  

Ghoulish Reminders

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:16 pm
Ghoulish Reminders
I'm glad you guys replied... I was thinking no one else in here was into vinyl!

It's funny that you brought up that store in Michigan, McKenzi... I used to live in Detroit, but now I'm back in Kentucky. I actually think I may have heard of it when I lived there.

And dude, King, what the ******** is wrong with your sister? Why'd she do that? If my sister ever did that to any of my records I'd kill her. Did you mean you've tried to order vinyl from the website I posted before and you had a hard time dealing with them? 'Cause if that's the case, I definatley won't be ordering from them.

Well, my sister is a tad bit of ******** b***h!
If I say ANYTHING mean to her, my parents freak.
So if I say anything mean to her, she comes into my room when I am gone
And ruins my things
Such as over $300 of vinyl.

I used to buy mine from the most random places.
Weird record stores
Thrift stores
Anywhere
I found a BUNCH in a dumpster one time ( don't ask why I was there in a first place, it's a weird story)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:30 pm
I don't really have too much ska vinyl, but I do have Prince Buster's Fabulous Hits, and an Upsetters 45, but I know where to get stuff.. I'm jsut saving my money right now.... Anyway, if you're trying to find vinyl your best bet is to just look around where you live for smaller indie record stores, and just spend some time looking through their vinyl....
On a completely unrelated note I'm finally done with my smester at school so I might be able to actually post again..... Hooray  

DarkVice

Peel Slowly And See

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:50 pm
My mom has a Specials album on vinyl. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:40 pm
I miss my vinyl D=
I can't believe my sister threw them away crying gonk crying  

King Of The Ska
Captain

Jzzy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:35 pm
My grandpa's gonna give me some vinyls... Hendrix, zztop, kiss, and THE FECKING WHALERS (typo?)!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:04 pm
I do..I have a lot of reggae vinyls...
I love them very much...

I have a few from "big bands" and 60's pop

Doctor Nope

O.G. Member

Rude Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items