Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
I say. Solo, why Communism?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:37 am
Hm.

Whyever? It's never struck me as the way forward for any nation, least of all ours.

Why the support?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:46 pm
Not for our nation, certainly, but for one that is developing or one that somehow materialised in the ether I think it is a good way to bring about a fair minded system of government without a few thousand years of monarchy and war.

Perhaps for this country if we manage to go quite far down the pan.

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:01 am
Ah, well fair enough. Perhaps you're right.

my main concern is that communism is generally bad for business, and we live in a world where nations (the top nations, at least) rise and fall on the efficiency of their businesses.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:00 am
i have had quite the brush in with communists of late, and to be honest, there ways would never work for any country, unless every country turned communist at the same time, as they wish to abolish money, making it so that we wouldnt be able to trade with other countrys  

Fanghidian

2,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:49 am
Indeed, it's a matter of scale really. Communist societies can only avoid oppression by being very small indeed, and yet anything smaller than the majority of the world will have to make big concessions to incompatible systems.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:57 am
Of course, the key idea behind Marxist Communism is that you have no states as such - there is no government. This Communism we're used to is Marxist-Leninism, in which a Communist party dictates the proletariat for their own good, style of thing, which is an ideological corruption in my mind.  

Behatzlacha-S

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games