Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply General Harry Potter Discussions
Eww! Canon! Tonks/Remus? Don't make me gag! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite canon pairing?
  Harry/Ginny.
  Ron/Hermione.
  Draco/Pansy.
  Remus/Tonks.
  Lily/James.
  Other!
View Results

thatdrncat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:36 pm
I totally agree. *nods*  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:57 pm
You know, I think the only female character that I solely dislike in the series (besides Cho, because she doesn't really count. She's a whiney little tit anyway and doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in such a discussion. Yet... I'm mentioning her now... Damn!) is Ginny. I don't know why I don't like Ginny, but I know that it's not because she ends up with Harry in canon. I haven't liked Ginny since she was first introduced to the series, mainly because she just... annoyed me for being so... I can't even think of the word. I'm usually a very tolerant person, but Ginny just pissed me off for some unknown reason. I honestly hope that she dies in the seventh book, even though I have a feeling that she won't die, no matter how much I pray.

Remus/Tonks. Now, I can't deny that one of the reasons I don't like the pairing is because it gets in the way of my Remus/Sirius fantasy. I like Tonks. She's spunky, she's cool... why wouldn't I like her? But, when they paired her up with Remus, I couldn't really see how they would even get together in the first place. I think JKR needed a reason for Remus not to die because she likes him so much, so she made him pair up with a character that isn't Sirius, but is distantly related to him. The pairing seemed really random. >< I like Tonks, and I love Remus to death, but I don't like them... together.

I like het, to be quite honest. Some of it is really beautifully written and makes me feel all warm inside. I love James/Lily fics, and although I don't read any Ron/Hermy, I do like it. I just... like slash better! ^^;

nickjonas3lifebdsfsxf

Kiera Greyback

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:12 pm
1. I'm pretty indifferent on most female characters, but I like Luna for her original personality and Bellatrix because...well...she's so crazy it's funny.
2. Tonks's personality isn't developed enough IMO, so seeing her paired with Remus was weird, as others have said. Cho is annoying with all her crying and greiving, even though it's perfectly reasonable, and Millicent and Pansy are total jerkwads, but I think that's what JKR wanted us to think.
3. I do a bit of het once in a while, but I mostly just write fanfiction for weird and absurd plotlines and not romance, but my favorite couples are slash.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:39 am
Finora Lupin
You know, I think the only female character that I solely dislike in the series (besides Cho, because she doesn't really count. She's a whiney little tit anyway and doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in such a discussion. Yet... I'm mentioning her now... Damn!) is Ginny. I don't know why I don't like Ginny, but I know that it's not because she ends up with Harry in canon. I haven't liked Ginny since she was first introduced to the series, mainly because she just... annoyed me for being so... I can't even think of the word. I'm usually a very tolerant person, but Ginny just pissed me off for some unknown reason. I honestly hope that she dies in the seventh book, even though I have a feeling that she won't die, no matter how much I pray.

Remus/Tonks. Now, I can't deny that one of the reasons I don't like the pairing is because it gets in the way of my Remus/Sirius fantasy. I like Tonks. She's spunky, she's cool... why wouldn't I like her? But, when they paired her up with Remus, I couldn't really see how they would even get together in the first place. I think JKR needed a reason for Remus not to die because she likes him so much, so she made him pair up with a character that isn't Sirius, but is distantly related to him. The pairing seemed really random. >< I like Tonks, and I love Remus to death, but I don't like them... together.

I like het, to be quite honest. Some of it is really beautifully written and makes me feel all warm inside. I love James/Lily fics, and although I don't read any Ron/Hermy, I do like it. I just... like slash better! ^^;

There needs to be an underground cult of people who want Ginny to die in a Fiery Inferno of Doom. I hate her, too. Could I tell you why? No. I just do. I've hated her since PS/SS. And after the fifth book, she became the town ho. She's all, "I'm cute and spunky and funny and sporty and smart and I date loads of guys and I'm SOOOO over you, Harry Potter!" and it's just . . . moronic. She screams Mary-Sue! to me. Ugh.

THAT was what bothered me so much about HBP. All of the pairings were random. Completely random. I will list them for your convenience. Hurrah.

Ron/Hermione -- Okay, not so random. We knew it was coming. But still. What.

Ron/Lavender -- I can't tell you how many times I've read about this pairing in fanfiction. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous. And then, out of nowhere, it became canon. Double what.

Bill/Fleur -- Pshwawhat. Well, okay. It wasn't completely out of the blue.

Harry pondering Tonks/Sirius -- Harry thinking about Blackcest in canon? WTF.

Harry/Ginny -- I cannot stress enough how random this pairing is. Sure, diehard fans (really?) can talk about "foreshadowing" all they want, but the truth is, it came out of nowhere. All of a sudden, Harry's all, "BEAST LIKE GINNY RAWRRR!!" and it's . . . ew. Even Hermione/McLaggen was weird, because it's HERMIONE. Dating someone to make Ron jealous? What is she, fanfictionized?

Remus/Tonks -- Most random of all. At least Harry and Ginny spoke to each other. But I don't remember a single moment spent between Remus and Tonks -- I think JKR likes to smash dreams for a living. mad There's just no reason for it.

Anyway. Yeah. HBP made zero sense to me.  

wonkyspoon

Huntress of Stars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:37 pm
*Female characters you love and hate, and why.
Love- heart Tonks heart I can't really explain why, I have no basis because she wasn't a throughly developed character, she was just kinda, there. domokun Fleur domokun French people are cool ^_^. Oddly McGonagall, because she's strict, and her devotion to the students is captivating.
Hate- I don't really hate Hermione, but I don't like her. Ginny;s..meh.
*Do you think people's (least) favorite characters are based on what fits or gets in the way of their pairing?
From what I've seen, the latter (-cough-Sirius/Lupin-cough-) where likable characters are hated. Mind you, I adore Tonks, so I'm a bit partial.

*Do you solely slash, or do you sometimes like some het, too?
In all honesty, I care more about how well written the fic is then the paring.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:27 am
1) I've never liked Ginny. I can't even explain why, her personality annoys me. Tonks, I liked at first, but she got all whiney and annoying in HBP, not because she got together with Lupin. I disliked her before that. I like Luna. She's quirky in a nice, non Mary Sue way. I like most of the teachers, ooh, and I don't mind Hermione. She's a little annoying towards the end of the series, but I got over it.

2) Sometimes, but I based mine on the character itself. People always attack me for disliking Tonks, but it's not because I'm a Sirius/Remus slasher. Heck, I'm not all pissed about Tonks and Lupin getting together, but I just can't see it canon wise.

3) Oh, I do mainly write slash, but I read a variety. I base it on the actual story, so I won't read something soley because it's Sirius/Lupin, I'll read it if it's well written or entertaining.

Sorry about the long post, but sometime I'd like to make it clear that I don't adore Tonks for other reasons.

rabbit sushi

FriendlyFangirl88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:26 pm
I'm truly startled by all the Ginny bashing. and the accusation that Harry/Ginny came out of nowhere. I'll post my arguement here.

"Ginny is a mary-sue" - my responce - RIIIIIGHT...'cause Mary-Sues really go unnoticed by Harry for four years. NO! If being a strong, atheltic, and beutiful is criteria for a mary-sue, then by god, we havn't had a decent female character in adventure stories in centiries! *dripping with sarcasm*
"Ginny is a slut" - my responce - ...how many boyfriends have you had between the ages of 14-17, my dear fan? Ginny is a normal teenage girl, experementing with her sexual development as any teenage girl does. She'd had a crush on Harry from the get-go...but he didn't notice her, so she, being the strong young women she was, gave up and moved on. If she hadn't dated anyone else, you would probablly say she's "pathetic because she did nothing but pine over Harry for five years!"
"Harry/Ginny came out of nowhere!" - my responce - ummm...she'd only been crushing on him for, what? how long? Harry didn't notice...because seriously...he wasn't gonna look at his best friend's little sister like that. Then, suddenly, he caught her making out with someone and it slapped him in the face. "holy crap she's grown up!" "Holly crap, she's hot!" "What the hell...I like her!" it happens all the time. Yes, in real life.

I like slash as much as the next girl in this guild...but the Ginny hate is making me sick.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:23 am
*Female characters you love and hate, and why.

Love: Luna, Hermione, and McGonagall - they just rock xd
Hate: Umbridge, Pansy, Cho

I'm not even a strong Draco/Harry shipper; I just think Draco and Harry could do so much better than Pansy and Cho. If Harry had wound up with Cho in the books I probably would have thrown it out the window.

I don't hate Tonks. I simply dislike her. I found her annoyingly unorganised in OotP before there was any indication of her being with Remus. Also, I couldn't stand her hair. I hate short hair on a girl. I hate spiky hair. And I hate the colour pink. Her hair was all three! Gah!!! stressed

Anyway, then the sixth book came out and I thought, "Listen, you pink-haired b***h, Remus is either gay or he's MINE. End of discussion. Now, why don't you go trip your clumsy arse over something?" scream Siriusly, though, even if I didn't feel so strongly about Remus I still think they're poorly matched. They have NOTHING in common.

*Do you think people's (least) favorite characters are based on what fits or gets in the way of their pairing?

No. I hate Umbridge more than any HP character (It's actually fun to hate her!) and she doesn't affect the puppies' relationship in any way. Yeah, Sirius/Remus are my ship. heart

*Do you solely slash, or do you sometimes like some het, too?

I am a huge James/Lily fan, so I'm more than fine with het! smile Thing is, I don't mind if fics put James with Remus or Sirius, but if they put Lily with either of them I get so angry...  

MinervaEvenstar

General Harry Potter Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces