Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
I have an idea

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shrim Galanos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:25 pm
This may not be a good idea - but tis one at least. How about this guild (Gai British guild) merge with the UK gaia guild!! This would mean that soo many more members can be part of one guild, we could organise meeting etc with soo many more people! Please someone give some feedback on this idea, as i love it!
Thanks for reading.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:44 pm
I, personally, think that this would not be a good idea.
The two guilds are two different sorts of guilds.
This guild is small with character and discusses such things as things that make up being British. We also debate important issues.

The UK guild is very big and has no such character. The UK guild is more of a GD-chatterbox sort of guild.  

Lord Jagged

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:13 pm
Lord Jagged
This guild is small with character and discusses such things as things that make up being British. We also debate important issues.

The UK guild is very big and has no such character. The UK guild is more of a GD-chatterbox sort of guild.

I agree. I chose this guild to join because it has style, wit and intelligent people. Like me. wink
No, seriously, I agree with Lord Jagged.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:25 pm
I vaguely agree. There is a very different fort of attitude and posting-style between the two Guilds. We do have members who belong to both, but they generally manage to adapt quite well.

The difference is that whereas their Guild is older, it is more chaotic and has far more members. It strikes me as less personal.

Ours sprang from a cherished thread in the ED and so we've a different sort of background and "target market". There is no reasone though why you may not join both different guilds and why there may not be mixed Gaia-meets as well.

Regards,

Invictus

Invictus_88
Captain

Shrim Galanos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:14 pm
Ok thanks for all your feedback!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:38 am
I'm sure other members may chip in later too. Are you a member of both guilds?  

Invictus_88
Captain

Shrim Galanos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:16 am
Invictus_88

yes i am!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:50 am
Tsao Darko
Invictus_88

yes i am!

I would have thought that this whole topic implied that... rolleyes  

Nebelstern
Crew

TheLoneBassist46

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:56 am
Personally, I like how small this guild is. I am able to say that with a guild of this size, I know at least half of the members here. I cannot say that about many other guilds I'm afraid... lol  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:45 pm
Lord Jagged

Yes, I agree with him. The idea of joining guilds is... bleh. xp  

Arivel

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:15 pm
Nebelstern
Lord Jagged

I agree. I chose this guild to join because it has style, wit and intelligent people. Like me. wink .

You joined this guild because it had you in it?
Sounds as if you have some 1337 h4x0ring sk1ll2 there.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:26 am
I agree with most of you.

Let us stay seperate and individual! The warm, cosy feeling of knowing one another is too valuable to dispense with. smile  

Knightsedge
Crew

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:25 am
I joined the UK guild the day after joining this one... but I haven't even posted there yet. I've had a look a couple of times, but never seen any threads that look interesting enough to even bother looking at (no offence if anyone here is a loyal UK guild member!). But I've found that here is a much nicerplace. It's community - where people know people. I haven't found that as yet anywhere else on gaia. I like it this way - nice and small and cosy. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:45 am
whapcapn
Nebelstern
Lord Jagged

I agree. I chose this guild to join because it has style, wit and intelligent people. Like me. wink .

You joined this guild because it had you in it?
Sounds as if you have some 1337 h4x0ring sk1ll2 there.
#

How can it be possible to join a guild which already has you in it?
Unless it were some time parodox; then I would join the guild not knowing that I were already in it. What would happen then, if all of the flow of time were disrupted? Would I continue to live, being duplicated in the same flow of time? confused
Time to stop being philosophical... sweatdrop  

Nebelstern
Crew

MipsyKitten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:01 am
I looked it over. It doens't really look like something that would interest me. Plus I don't like guilds with loads of member. I like to be able to get to know everyone.

This guild has a certain air of sophistication which is always nice biggrin  
Gaian British Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff